News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 fender well metal strap purpose

Started by Moody, August 09, 2021, 11:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moody

Hi all,
I'm working on a 1960 with AC. One of the welded metal straps on the passenger side inner fender well has rusted away. Can anyone let me know what purpose this serves? My thoughts are either the generator cooling duct, or one of the AC lines. Also, what is the length of this strap?
Any help is appreciated.
Dave
Moody

jagbuxx #12944

I took a look at my '61 and it's somewhat similar. The strap on mine locates the starter cable routing.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Moody

Moody

David Greenburg

On a/c cars, there is a strap for the generator cooling hose. I will look at mine tomorrow and provide more details.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

fishnjim

Typical location for the starter harness attachment to keep off the exhaust manifold.

David Greenburg

The generator cooling tube strap is up higher on the inner fender, and is about 7 inches long.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

60eldo

On my car with A/C, the small bracket is holding the starter wires, and the large one holding A/C line from the tank beside the rad.  Hope this helps.
Jon. Klu

Moody

Thanks for replying. This is a replacement fender well since mine was rusty. I'll have to find my original and go from there. It sounds like there may be three straps potentially?
Thanks again,
Dave
Moody