News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Arking on and off the Cape THIS weekend...

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, August 10, 2021, 11:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

2nd week of August folks, if you're in the north/northeast time grows short to get your cars out there. We still have
a year to make up for.  After our little issue last weekend we're making up for it this weekend.

Saturday 4:30 cruise in with my car club, Cape Cod Classic Car Club, at Patriot's Square in Dennis, always
200+ cars.
Sunday up and out early (beat the traffic over the bridge) to the 8am Rebels & Rods cruise in on Water Street
in Plymouth. 400 cars regularly.
Way out to Gillette Stadium either the 19th or 26th, 3000 cars, you read that correctly.

LET'S GO!!! GET YOUR CARS OUT THERE!!!

Lexi they're playing our song -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtABg813nJk
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Hey Laurie -- hope it all works out for you and have
a great time.  Karma is good -- you had all the problem
parts replaced.  HAVE A GOOD TIME!!

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Cape Cod Fleetwood

1 out of 2 ain't bad...
WX for Saturday was T1 until 2pm, we're supposed to get there at 4pm. So I snuggled up with The Captain early, by 4pm, total 180 on the WX and it was gorgeous, oh well. No alcohol before Arking and I need more foreplay before a show.

Sunday was stellar. Over the bridge by 7am beating all the tourons by hours, 40 minutes to Plymouth Bay, whoosh! And only burned about a 1/4 tank round trip. These engines seem to get better mileage the hotter they get. Home by 10:45am, it doesn't get any better. And the traffic on 6 West was backed up *7 MILES* with us going the other way coming home. I'll swear being stuck in traffic is part of the charm for Cape vacationers. Just perfect weather.

Check these pics out, Gary Fontneau (Sunset Exposures) took a really nice pic of The Ark. I attached a link to all the
pics he took, they are all terrific, what a nice selection of cars this club has, 1 of 3 I'm a member of. Some very original cars, mods, super mods, rat rods, cars from 1914, all just super nice. Even a drone pic of the show. So much fun.

Having The Ark's tranny ripped out next Monday, I am *DONE* with the tranny drip. Michael keeps saying he'll get to it, I can't take it anymore. This shop is a mile from my house, there's always several nice antique cars there and they've been doing my daily drivers since I moved here. EVERY seal being replaced, I'm supplying our voodoo tranny fluid. DONE with this drip. Done. There's a 70 and 71 Eldo's there waiting for tranny work, this shop is very familiar with the TH400.

Really hoping to make the Gillette Stadium show on Thursday night but the long range WX needs to do another 180.

Isn't this FUN? I was going to take The Ark to NH today for my monthly cigarette/alcohol/tax free run, nah. Next month when the tranny isn't leaking.

https://www.facebook.com/SunsetExposure/posts/490328318725601

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all