News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Front Parking and Turn Signal Sleeve

Started by J. Russo, August 12, 2021, 08:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Russo

Please see attached photos. Does anyone know if the bulb sockets/pigtails are still made for these original parts? I have 3 wire after market sockets that are in bad shape and would like to replace.

Thank you
Thanks,
John Russo
CLC Member #32828

Tom Boehm

Did you try the places that make and sell wiring harnesses? Like Y & Z  or Rhode Island

Daryl Chesterman

QuoteI have 3 wire after market sockets that are in bad shape and would like to replace.

I am not sure what you mean by this.  If you look at this web page from NAPA, is this what you need?

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ECHLS6388

Or, do you need this?

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ECHLS6251

Daryl Chesterman

J. Russo

I added better views of the part as well as the illustration from the 1942 Cadillac master parts list I have. The illustration does not show the bulb wiring. I checked multiple websites including those that Tom mentioned and will call them Monday to see if they have something not on their site.

The part is two sided. One side is for a double contact bulb (1154) and the other side looks like it is for single contact. Looks like the part can be flipped based on the bulb type someone wants to use.

My current bulb sockets are after market 3 wire and need replaced. 1 wire each for the parking and turn signal, and one wire for ground. That's what I'm seeing on the wiring diagram also.

I'd like to replace my sockets with original and use this original part if I can. If not I'll just purchase another after market socket. I'm curious if anyone is using this part currently.

Thanks
Thanks,
John Russo
CLC Member #32828

harry s

John, The light socket is double sided as shown the one side is for a double contact bulb (park light & turn signal). The other side is for the two hot wires which attach the same way as the bulb by pushing and turning to lock. Your new wiring harness should have two wires for the connection. The ground is a body ground through the socket. I will look and see if I have a connection piece to get a picture of.      Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

J. Russo

Harry,

Yes. My new harness has wires for the parking light/turn signal bulb on both sides. I need the connection piece that the bulb and the wires connect to and that also fit this part on both sides.

Thank you
Thanks,
John Russo
CLC Member #32828

harry s

John, Here's a picture of the plug that goes into the park,signal light socket. It has opposing pegs that are straight across from each other. The bulb goes in the other side with the staggered pegs. The small springs put tension on the bulb when it is in place. I'm not sure what your two wires on the harness look like. This is the only one I have. You might Marty Watkins, he has a lot of electrical connections.      Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

J. Russo

Thanks Harry,

I knew it had to be something unique. I'll check with Marty.
Thanks,
John Russo
CLC Member #32828