News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Limo / commercial chassis tires?

Started by TJ Hopland, August 16, 2021, 10:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ Hopland

What are the limo and commercial chassis people doing for tires these days?    I was helping a friend with his 63 ambulance and noticed the few options that are available barely have the weight capacity for the standard cars.   This car is hopefully going to get driven so he wants a decent safe tire.   Does that just leave Diamond Back to convert a truck tire?   If so which one seems to work out the best?   There isn't a lot of clearance in the back so do you go with a 225 75 15?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

35-709

Give DB a call, TJ, the Diamondback "Auburns" are based on light truck tires, at least the 235-75-15s on my Auburn Boat-tail are --- they have a 225 also I do believe.  The Auburns are radials but built to look like bias-plies and have been great for me so far.
Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2