News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1954-1955 rear bumper ends

Started by tluke, August 13, 2021, 01:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tluke

Where do I find rear bumper ends that I can rebuild and re-chrome or are already done? I've been looking for well over a year for rear bumper ends for my 55 Cad 75 series.  I purchased a pair last year that had rust coming through the chrome so needed re-chroming but otherwise looked solid in the picture on eBay. When they arrived they were all messed up. The right side was squeezed together so that it wouldn't fit over the protrusion coming down from the tail light. The left had welding done on it and the bottom was way too wide and stuck out more than an inch greater than it should. I then purchased a pair of reproductions but both sides were way too narrow to fit over the back protrusions plus they had a huge lip on the edges that made them that much more too narrow. I just recently purchased a pair of remanufactured "show quality" ends but they don't fit either. The right end has a lip on the inside where no lip should be so it will fit over the protrusion but pushing the end further to the left than it should be. The left end is welded all over resulting in the end being too wide at the top, sticking out about 3/4 inch past where it should on the top corner. Cadillac made 140K of the 55's and 90K of the 54's. There should be at least one pair left for me!  My original ends are hopeless. They're so rusted out that they weight about 3 lbs (they should weigh 10 lbs). Any ideas?
1955 Cadillac Series 75
1957 Continental Mark II
1986 Ford F250

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

These are tough to find.  For a start I would
recommend these people as I have dealt with them
in the past.  All are Club members.

Dennis Ackerman - 603-286-3903
Honest John's Caddy Parts (John Foust)
940-648-3330
All Cad's (Ed Cholakian)
702-454-1147

Make certain to tell them you are looking for good
solid cores that can be rechromed, not reproductions.

These guys will be a good place to start.  Be patient
and good luck!

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

I just found this pair.  I don't know anything
about this fellow but they look very nice and
would be worth a call:
https://www.redspartsattic.com/photo-gallery/photo-gallery-11/

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Quote from: Mike Josephic  CLC #3877 on August 14, 2021, 10:30:38 PM
I just found this pair.  I don't know anything
about this fellow but they look very nice and
would be worth a call:
https://www.redspartsattic.com/photo-gallery/photo-gallery-11/

Mike

Joe is the owner of Red's Parts Attic....he just chromed my bumpers for the 34 LaSalle and he did all the chrome on a 55 Eldorado I have....this is a honest guy...I'm sure he'll give you whatever measurements you need for those rear bumper ends....

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Lexi

A close friend of mine has what you need. I sent him this link. Hopefully you can connect and make a deal. He is a CLC member and I would have no hesitation dealing with him. Clay/Lexi

Edit: Probably best to post some contact information as it looks like you are not a member so not in the Directory I presume.