News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1955 Windshield Washer Jar Lid

Started by DaveO, August 18, 2021, 02:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveO

So I found a replacement lid for my windshield washer jar because the old lid was getting rather unsightly. I thought I'd just switch out the old lid and screw the new one on and be on my way, until I realized the components attached to the old lid are riveted on. I was wondering if they were supposed to be riveted on, and if the only way for me to switch over to the new lid will be to pop off the old rivets and rivet the old components onto the new lid?

MidModCad

The bits on my '61 cap are riveted. Think they're all that way.

Cadman-iac

Dave,

Midmodcad is correct, those were all riveted together. You can get new ones from McVey's Cadillac parts. I believe that he sells just the rivets if that's all you need. You can find his website on here somewhere, I unfortunately don't have it handy at the moment. And he can probably give you some helpful tips on doing that too.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

DaveO

Thanks everyone. I'll check out McVey's and Caddy Daddy to see what they might have. Thanks again.