News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1971 Eldorado Convertible ad from Time Magazine, April 5, 1971

Started by chrisntam, August 21, 2021, 10:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

Looking through some old (to me) magazines, I came across this ad.  I found it along with a multitude of cigarette and liquor ads.  And an ad for people to write their public officials to strengthen the laws against drunk driving.  No Surgeon General warnings on the cigarette ads.    A simpler time.

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I believe the exact car appearing in that advertisement is body #1 1971 Eldorado convertible and recently acquired by CLC member who has plans on performing a full restoration of it.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

rwchatham CLC 21892

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on August 21, 2021, 10:53:32 AM
I believe the exact car appearing in that advertisement is body #1 1971 Eldorado convertible and recently acquired by CLC member who has plans on performing a full restoration of it.

Eric yes  it is on my restoration list  waiting its turn .
R. Waligora

James Landi

It's an interesting ad-- a "yachtsman" looking off into the distance... I also recall seeing polo players posed next to an Eldorado of that period. Apparently the message being one that associates the leisure class with the bold new generation of Eldorados.  Having owned a 72 as recently as a decade ago, they certainly make a "statement" in a modern setting-- ALWAYS received comments, some not very positive.  They were terrific cars--- very different and a clear  design departure from the 67-70 models in so many ways. Thanks for posting the ad... brings back so many positive memories.  Gratefully, James