News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Confused on fenders

Started by Dzeman, August 22, 2021, 05:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dzeman

Hello all new 55 owner here I recently purchased a 55 62 series. My passenger fender was missing the headlamp bezel and trim below so I purchased a headlight bezel and the holes are close but will not fit. Is it possible the fender is not from a 55. The headlight bezel said it fit 54-55 so if it's not a 54-55 fender what could it be thanks

novetti

54' Iris Blue (Preservation)
54' Cabot Gray (Restoration)
58' Lincoln Continental Convertible (Restoration)
58' Ford Skyliner (Preservation)

fishnjim

Rather than the fender, more likely it's the headlight mounting ring/bucket.   If it's the correct bezel, which hasn't been established.
See below.

Dzeman

Here is a pic doesn't appear to have had any body work around the top of the fender.

Dzeman

Dzeman

Cadman-iac

Daniel,
  From looking at the pictures, it appears that you have bought a damaged bezel. It has a crack in the top dead center of it above the headlight. So it's probably been flattened out. If you have one on the other side, swap it to this fender and see how it fits.  Those were the same left and right.
That would tell you if there has also been any damage or work done to your right fender.
You can also feel the underside of the fender when you have the bezel off to check for bodywork. Typically bodymen don't worry about how the bottom side of the fender looks, so any work would be apparent.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Dzeman

The bezel fits perfectly on the opposite side i have had them both off... i also noted the chrome trim below that that is missing that i purchased doesn't fit correctly either like the curve is diffrent

Roger Zimmermann

There will be some body work to do on that front fender!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101