News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

What a *BLAST* tonight...

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, September 01, 2021, 03:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

This was a last minute sperm of the moment addition to the 2021 tour.

The "Shamrods" are a competing Cape Cod car club, they're down in Sandwich whereas my club is more
mid-Cape in Dennis. What a show for a Tuesday night, simply mobbed. Then again they had PIXY 103 pumping
the event for a week on the radio and doing a live remote from there, 80's to current rock station. Cars I've never
seen on Cape, some absolute KILLERS that only go a few miles, what's the point? Some of these folks have spent
a fortune on engines, paint jobs, body work, and the cars have a top speed of 30mph and 'trust' range of 10 miles.
Just get a cat and save the money. If you can't DRIVE IT, what's the point...

Had a BLAST! Food was OK, music was killer, cars were killer, MOBBED with spectators, just a blast. And a 30 minute
ride each way so I got some quality Ark time essential social Arking..
Crew chief Michael, his lovely bride Lauren and their perfect son Michael came as well. Michael's son gets The Ark
when I croak, this guarantees The Ark makes it to 100 and beyond with an all car-crank family that owns Hyannis Vintage Auto. My house? Who cares, I know The Ark will be well taken care of and kept in the family.

How about some pics? Maybe they'll post correctly...
First with Michael - "Don't touch the car..." Seriously, I'm allowed to polish and clean until my hands bleed, fuel, check fluids, check tire pressure, drive, and open the hood to place the showboard, that's it. I'm not allowed to own any "car" tools. Did I mention I swung by Hyannis Vintage last week to break Michael's cannolie's about finishing the front
end (shocks, springs, NEW stabilizer bars with neoprene grommets and NOW new strut rod bushings. Bright and early September 18th and be prepared to buy lunch, lobster rolls all around brother, just get it done honey. And it was mentioned since I have the time and money now, when I'm going to get MY FRONT END done? <sigh> If they didn't love me, they wouldn't scramble my eggs. And a cute pic of Michael's son, who just turned 1, in front of The Ark. Wouldn't it be cool if I could live long enough to watch him drive it.... I need to be grateful for what I have now.

A pic of The Ark tonight, and pic of Michael and Lauren's perfect child Michael, The Ark's next owner.

And after saying I'd never do it again, I'm doing another cruise to an 'assisted living' facility with my club on September 15th. I needed assurances they weren't requiring face diapers (remember I was water boarded for training, when I see people in face diapers I see people getting ready to be water boarded since that's what they did to us, walk in my shoes, have MY experiences as a member of US Navy before you over react, OK?) or proof of poisoning. Neither are in effect, NICE! And this is a very high end facility where the rich go to croak. Catered meal and live entertainment for the club. Better news is its almost an hour away so 2 hours of Arking, yes.

22 events scheduled, 17 completed or in process, I need 3 more to break my record of 19 events in 2019.

Hyannis Vintage Auto has PROMISED completion of body/paint work this winter - and Rick is working feverishly to nail
down a WORLD OF WHEELS in Boston for 2022. The flu knocked me out of a life time dream in 2020, we all lost most
of a year to the same in 2021, and with the American mid term elections in '22 I'm hopeful but not counting on a
WORLD OF WHEELS for '22, but I'm hopeful. And The Ark's body will be perfect in '22.
"Everything happens for a reason" - mom

Psyched! How much FUN is this? Will we get to Gillette Stadium before the Gatsby/Cataumet show? Hope so.

And I said to folks tonight "lets go to Gillette this month", we'll caravan. NOW the excuse is its getting dark too early.
With all that money you spent on that car the headlights don't work? Jeeeeez......

ARKING! Get your cars out there!!!

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

James Landi

Thank you Laurie for bringing a smile to my wizened old face this morning...  Cyberhuggies, James

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: James Landi on September 01, 2021, 07:25:09 AM
Thank you Laurie for bringing a smile to my wizened old face this morning...  Cyberhuggies, James

cyberhuggies are the best! Happy we're "friends" on F-Book now!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Highwayman68

Michael really must have an appreciation of your love for your car to be such a part of it, you are fortunate to have him on your side.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Highwayman68 on September 02, 2021, 08:22:21 AM
Michael really must have an appreciation of your love for your car to be such a part of it, you are fortunate to have him on your side.

Mark I couldn't own this car without him. But don't tell him that...  ;)

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville