News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac movie scene re-creation

Started by Lexi, September 02, 2021, 05:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexi

I had Lexi out today and suddenly the locale where I was driving spoke to me, saying "Pull over and take a picture here". So I did. All I had was my cell phone and I also had to laterally reverse the photo so the car is pointing in the correct direction. So, what does this mean? Well I have a quiz for all you movie lovers out there. What famous movie scene does this remind you of? Hint: The original film, while loaded with Cadillacs, used another make in this iconic scene that I re-created on the fly. My wife who is not into movies guessed it right away. Kinda puts the pressure on the rest of us 'cause even she got it! Wonder who will spot it first. Anyone else ever have this happen? Clay/Lexi

Jamurray

I'm thinking "Driving Miss Daisy" with Jessica Tandy and Morgan Freeman.

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Lexi

Well done Ralph! The first Godfather movie where "fat Clemenza" had driver Paulie assassinated in a Packard at the side of the road near the bull rushes or corn stalks. Before abandoning the car with the dead body slumped behind the wheel, Clemenza said to his accomplice; "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli". So Ralph even got the lines correct. Actor Richard Castellano who played Clemenza, ad-libbed the cannoli part. Just popped into his head to say it. The 1st Godfather film may be the best period piece that shows vintage Cadillacs. Kudos for Jamurray for Driving Miss Daisy", as I recall there was also a road side scene in that film, (where film makers mixed up both a '55 and a '56 Cadillac and passed them off as one and the same). But when I saw that tall vegetation growth today, that Godfather scene came to mind. Clay/Lexi

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Glad to see Lexi out and rolling on what was obviously a nice day.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Lexi

Thanks Laurie, but Lexi is still sick and only out on very local trips. Got some 1970 Cadillac news for you and will try to re-discover Face-"crack" again and give you the details. Clay/Lexi  \mm/

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: lexi on September 02, 2021, 10:42:04 PM
Thanks Laurie, but Lexi is still sick and only out on very local trips. Got some 1970 Cadillac news for you and will try to re-discover Face-"crack" again and give you the details. Clay/Lexi  \mm/
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

Hi Clay,
Great photo and a great quiz, I didn't guess it🤦‍♂️ Phil

Cadman-iac

My guess would have been "Driving Miss Daisy" as well. Regardless, that's a great photo of the vegetation, but you left your car in the way. Next time park a little further down the road and walk back to where you can get an uninterrupted view. LOL!!
  Lexi is a beautiful car and I'm glad you got to cruise her around a bit. Good luck with your frame repair, I hope it goes smoothly, and let's you take her out more often. Can't get to drive these old cars enough.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Lexi

Quote from: PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192 on September 03, 2021, 03:16:18 AM
Hi Clay,
Great photo and a great quiz, I didn't guess it🤦‍♂️ Phil

Hey Phil! As you are the top movie guy in Britain I was thinking of you when I posted this one. Guess Rick "Cadmaniac" Cook was right in that I should have moved the car down the road, but instead to get a better background shot for the car! Clay/Lexi

Jay Friedman

There was another scene in the Godfather where the character Sonny, played by James Caan, is assassinated while in his car at a toll booth.  The scene was filmed near Long Beach, Long Island, New York where my mother lived and I recognized it immediately. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."