News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

AC Delco belts and hoses

Started by JerRita, September 03, 2021, 09:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerRita

I tried to get new belts AC Delco belts and hoses for my 87 5.0 and no one had any and all the suppliers said GM wasn't producing them anymore? Does any one know a source for them. Napa said they could find 3 of the numbers but they were old stock and might be too old. Thanks
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs

TJ Hopland

Rock Auto says they have options from all the big brands including AC Delco and they all appear to be in stock so take your pick.   I don't put any faith in the AC brand for anything more than about 10 years old anymore so if it cost more I will usually pick another brand which also are often not what they used to be either.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Jay Friedman

I have had an AC Delco fan belt on my ' 49 for several years.  It seems to be of decent quality.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Cape Cod Fleetwood

I only use Gates belts. They're just higher quality and stay tighter longer in my opinion.
Hoses? Whatever NAPA has.
MHO.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

JerRita

Thanks for the replies I wanted AC Delco belts and hoses because we lost points at the last CLC show because we had Napa belts on AACA shows don't deduct for different brands JeRita
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: JerRita on September 05, 2021, 09:34:28 PM
Thanks for the replies I wanted AC Delco belts and hoses because we lost points at the last CLC show because we had Napa belts on AACA shows don't deduct for different brands JeRita

Pooh.
Deduct how much time you spend driving and enjoying your car by how much time it spends at judged shows.
You can always change belts when you arrive at a show too.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all