News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Front Seat Mystery

Started by JayRudig390, September 03, 2021, 09:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayRudig390

When removing the front seat, these rubber spacers and metal shims were between the floor and the seat mounting brackets . The bolts are even elongated to account for the spacers. Never seen this before. My 60 chevy sdoes not have them Question is — should I reinstall them? Looks very original. Was this a fancy  Cadillac option or just ordered for a short driver ? 

David Greenburg

I don't recognize the rubber blocks; they might be an "add-on" for a short driver.  But the metal pieces are carpet hold-downs. 
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Moody

There were directives from the factory to taylor the seats to the owners. Could this have been to raise the seat a small amount for someone small of stature? If so, just removing them would not hurt.
Dave
Moody

fishnjim

Check the parts list and see if they show.   If yes, P/Ns, they're factory.   If no, not factory.
I've never seen this either.

JayRudig390

Quote from: David Greenburg on September 04, 2021, 04:13:50 AM
I don't recognize the rubber blocks; they might be an "add-on" for a short driver.  But the metal pieces are carpet hold-downs.

Thank you! Any tips on reinstalling the
Carpet hold downs? Can't remember if they were in the front or back. Carpet was rotted out so no idea how they go back in

David Greenburg

It's been awhile, but my recollection is that they go on the front side of the seat to hold down the back edge of the front carpet and keep it from getting messed up when the seat travels back and forth.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special