News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

2000 Eldorado with 42K miles for cheap

Started by James Landi, September 06, 2021, 07:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Landi

I connected with the present owner, who says he has a shop, that the car needs one coil pack, and that he WOULD NOT represent the car if it had a blown headgasket. This is not the type of car that would have any appeal for up country Mainers, so it may be a good deal...   James

Bryan J Moran

James:

I really enjoyed my 2000 Eldorado.  I believe this is a car - the last generation Eldorado - that a lot of Cadillac collectors should have one in their collection.  Even at only 42,000 miles, this one may be priced a bit high at $3,500.

My 2000 Eldorado had 94,000 miles on it when purchased, and I put $6000 into it and sold for $1,400 - in fact I recently saw it for sale on a used car lot here in Des Moines.  I suspect it has a bit over 100,000 miles now. 
CLC 35000 in number only

James Landi

Yes Bryan,

Many used "personal cars" available with few takers.  Lots of pressure to unload well running Cadillac Eldorados for few dollars.  The internet if chock full of cautionary tales regarding expensive repairs and disappointments.  Easy to understand why people find some emotional release by publicly
complaining.   Up here in Maine, seeing a sedan in a parking lot is becoming a rare site.   Seeing a lux personal car is truly unusual.