News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1937 or 38 LaSalle front and rear bumper medallion

Started by Keith K, September 17, 2021, 06:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith K

In need of the front and rear medallion for the bumpers

Tom Beaver

I see them on ebay all of the time.  If you get one, be sure and check that the mounting tabs are all there.  The hubcap medallions are identical but they clocked the mounting tabs 45 degrees out from what the bumper medallions need so they will fit, but just not straight, don't know why they did that but if you aren't aware of it you can get a surprise.

Tom  Beaver

Keith K

My timing must be poor cause I've never seen one on EBay.

tozerco

Keith,

I sent you a pm but with no photos. Let's try again...
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

tozerco

John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

DaveZ

Be aware that the bumper medallions and hub cap medallions are not the same. The tabs are in different positions and the hub cap ones will not be correct.
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

harvey b

I used 3M 2 sided tape to hold one on my bumper,it fits nice and close to the center plate,you can not tell it is "stuck" there.i actually polished it with a small buffer and it did not move at all.If all you had was a wheel medallion you could remove the tabs and use the tape.harveyb
Harvey Bowness

Joe G 12138

As to the "Why they clocked the tabs differently" question, I think it was to tell them apart on the assembly line. They are just a little bit different.  I was fortunate to obtain a genuine unmolested NOS bumper medallion a while back, and carefully examined it with the same question. The bumper medallion has a slight curve or arc to the face to conform to the slight curve of the bumper.  I'm sure that curve could easily disappear if the medallion was slapped, tapped, or pulled off of a hubcap or bumper. The wheelcover pieces are flat as a pancake.  Joe Gibeault ('37 LAS)