News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 Crank Pulley warp

Started by 60eldo, September 20, 2021, 08:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

So I noticed my lower pulley was wabbling and I replaced it with another one and its doing the same. Weird 2 warped pullies so I started looking closer. In the pics you see the pulley has 12 holes 6 small 6 larger.  And look closer the spaces are staggered. On the crank are 6 jutting out welds were I think the holes must line up. Do the 6 bolts go in the small holes or the bigger ones. Is there a trick to this? Anyone done this. Whats the trick?
Jon. Klu

dn010

I can't help you with how to bolt the pulley on but I do want to just say that the wobble may be coming from somewhere else down the line. The water pump on my 57 had the shaft/bearing installed unevenly and it caused my harmonic balancer/lower pulley to wobble until it was corrected.
-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean

Moody

It should lay flat. The big holes go to the welds.
Moody

Big Fins

It only fits on the balancer one way. That is flat. It's like a puzzle if you don't mark it. Keep turning the pulley until is seats flat to the machined surface of the balancer.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

76eldo

There is a retainer ring that goes in there too.
They only line up one way.
Over complicated pain in the butt job.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv