News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Labor Day Weekend Local Car Show

Started by Joe Jensen, September 26, 2021, 08:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Jensen

Hello everyone!

I participated in a local car show over labor day weekend in our small town in Eastern Washington State.  I was surprised to find that there was not only more then one Cadillac in attendance (a lot of locals shows, I find my car is the only one), but two other Cadillac cars and all of them being 1949 model year.

I met the owners of both Cadillac cars and had great conversations with both owners.  It was great meeting with both owners and it was extremely helpful that I was able meet with the owner the Burgundy colored car (not sure of the official color name) because his was restored to close to original by the current owner.  I was able to discover things that were incorrect about my car (things I couldn't get just from the Authenticity Manual) and things I knew were incorrect but now had a great example of how it would have looked originally.  The owner of the Burgundy car was Dave and he has owned the car a good long time.  Dave said he spent 30 years doing the restoration and doing nearly all of the work himself except engine rebuild and transmission rebuild.

The convertible is a resto-mod with a 472 engine and really is a great car.  The owner of the convertible's name is Jack and it was great to speak with him about his car.  The unique thing about the convertible is that I caught the old Cadillac bug from seeing this car at a local show a couple years ago.  My wife and daughter all agreed the 1949 Cadillac was a great looking car and since I had been looking for an old car but couldn't decide what I really wanted, this car is what pushed me in the direction of the 1949 Cadillac.

It was a great day to check out many nice cars both Cadillac and non-Cadillac.

Unfortunately, my starter issues reared up as my aftermarket solenoid failed and I had to have my wife pull start the car with our pickup to get it home.  I have hopefully, corrected those issues by rebuilding the original solenoid and it is back in operation now.

I hope you all enjoy this little bit of Cadillac from Eastern Washington State.

Joe

5390john

What small town in Washington State was the event held?
John Adams
1955 CDV "Marilyn"

"Panic Accordingly"

Jay Friedman

Three nice '49s.  FYI: The official name of a Burgundy colored car in '49 is Madeira Maroon.   

Jay
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."