News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

My Engine Turned 'Valley' Cover for 500" Cadillac In '37 LaSalle

Started by carlhungness, September 30, 2021, 09:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlhungness

Technically speaking what I'm showing here is just a cover for the Bulldog
manifold installed on my 500" Cad in my '37 LaSalle...it really isn't a valley cover.
     I made a left and right template out of card stock, than was able to transfer
it to some .040 (or thereabouts) aluminum. I had the aluminum engine turned by
Buick restorer Doug Seybold who has done work for me previously. I really like
engine turning and use it where ever I can.
    The Bulldog has been smoothed (about 6-8 hours of grinding) then powder coated. It is as chippy as a frozen Snickers.
    I glued the plates in with J-B Weld. There's a PVC valve at one end and an oil Filler at the rear. The acorn heads you see are threaded acorns with grade 8 studs Red Loctited in. They're installed throughout. I also used some dummy caps. As you can see, I like the acorns too, they're everywhere.
    You can see the rear of my Sanden AC compressor I was able to install using an R4 bracket in front with a 3rd point mount I made at the rear. It's solid and the belt is now adjustable thanks to the installation of a power steering pump that has the outlet running back into the inlet. I don't have PS.
    Work progresses on valve covers. I have those huge cast rectangular ones from Cad Co. I tried to use the stock covers and spent too many hours filling holes, taking off brackets, etc. I HAD a set of the Cad Co. covers I sold, so had to go buy more. They'll say:
  Antoine de La Moth Cadillac
   I had script made out of polished stainless and it looks pretty good. Now figuring out what color to paint the covers and how to attach the script. Once
again I'm leaning to old standby JB Weld. Covers will be silver or black. I'd like Cadillac blue but can't find any powder coat that clones the Cad blue.
   Have my Quadrajet mounted, now doing vacuum lines, finishing fuel lines.