News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Kalmus Beach/Hyannis parade-show today....

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, October 02, 2021, 06:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

On a scale of 1-10 the weather was a 12, just a GORGEOUS, warm, sunny, breezy day at the beach
for a classic car parade and show. All sponsored by the Greater Hyannis Chamber of Commerce, the
folks who SHOULD HAVE HAD the annual Father's Day Car Show this year but wilted to the wishes of all the restaurant and other common retailers on Main Street Hyannis because they lost so much
money last year and this year due to the Hyannis Puritans crushing the local economy with flu
mandates - but I digress....

We mustered by 11am at Kalmus Beach, 127 cars signed up as requested in advance, 300 showed up. Ooops. And the Barnstable PD immediately began scrambling for more units to block off the numerous intersections we'd be crossing on the parade route. We didn't roll until noon. Up Ocean Street, to Old Colony, left on Main Street to Sea Street, left on North Main, right back on Ocean Street, back to the Kalmus Beach parking lot. BPD units in the lead and at the stern. I was surprised so many people were on Main Street, photographing, video, clapping and cheering. It was fun! But not as fun as the Volvo with CT plates who tried to go around the fully marked and lit up Barnstable unit and take a right on Main Street from Barnstable Road. That cop might still be reaming him, 6 hours later.

Once parked back at Kalmus out came the showboards and chairs after a wiping off. 4 excellent food trucks in attendance, yes the lobster rolls were a little pricey for what you got but they were fresh. And simply MOBBED with people gawking at the cars. The DJ and MC were pure genius. Before we left I asked the MC if he had Queen's "I'm in love with my car" loaded on the laptop. He's like "oh man what a great song, it will be played when you guys get back." And he did. GREAT DJ and MC, they had a huge group of people dancing and singing right in front of their area for hours, just fabulous.

Photo's attached, and admin feel free to remove any pics that offend the Illuminati of course. (And admin keep in mind we have members around the world that are still in authoritarian lockdowns. Let them see life going on in the world, it can give them hope, OK?) That blue perfectly correct TA beside me is owned by a chick in my club, so is a correct '70 Boss that didn't show. We usually park together at club events, "Estrogen Avenue". And who's that CLC forum member with his better half and that very correct '63 CDV flip top?

Just a Blessed gorgeous day to be hanging out with The Ark, other Caddy's, other great cars, great
people, over priced but yummy food, on the beach. Does it get any better? No, no it doesn't.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Lexi

Great shot of you and the Ark Laurie. Love it. Clay/Lexi  \mm/

Carfreak

Awesome pics.  Looked like a great day to be Cadillac-ing.   :)
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Hey Laurie -- looks like a great day to be "Ark-ing"
and you appear to be having a fun time.
You really are making the most of the end of
summer and the Ark, as usual looks great!

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

bctexas

Thanks for sharing!  I drove the '70 SDV 30 minutes to a car show yesterday, only to find that it had been cancelled because "it might rain".  It did not rain.....

Oh well, my wife and I took the '70 to a nice breakfast place early this morning.  Had a nice drive with great company and great breakfast.

Happy Motoring!
1965 CDV
1970 SDV

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: bctexas on October 03, 2021, 05:17:35 PM
Thanks for sharing!  I drove the '70 SDV 30 minutes to a car show yesterday, only to find that it had been cancelled because "it might rain".  It did not rain.....

Oh well, my wife and I took the '70 to a nice breakfast place early this morning.  Had a nice drive with great company and great breakfast.

Happy Motoring!

While I sincerely believe our Caddy's enjoy going to shows and strutting/pouting/posing like members of a hair glam band (where's Lexi?), I think they enjoy being part of our lives too. Out for a meal, for a visit to friends and/or family, to a club, maybe getting some groceries and running errands. For us, its all about the cruise. But I think they like feeling 'useful' too. That's just me. Here's The Ark getting groceries, out for lunch at Spanky's Clam Shack (yes this is actually a restaurant) on Hyannis Harbor, stopping for drinks at Trader Ed's on the other side of Hyannis Harbor, cruising up to Reid's Automotive for the holy water engine oil, going to work occasionally, taking me to visit my family at the cemetery, and comforting me on the return trip home. DRIVE your cars, they'll die if you don't.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Clay, Sue, Mike, thank you for the kind comments.
This is just TOO MUCH fun.
The Ark heads to the House of Amster (d/b/a Hyannis Vintage Auto) some night this week for some minor tweaking, I'm not allowed to tweak. Yes night time. They're working all day, going home for dinner (or having it brought in), back to the shop. Not that they're busy or anything...
Red Barn cruise/mini-golf match (winner of the golf match gets their car painted on the weather vane for a year. Just like the Preakness.) on the 17th, final Gillette Stadium on the 21st. The Rebels will keep having cruises on Sunday mornings in Plymouth and the Shamrods will keep having cruises on Tuesday nights in Sandwich until the roads ice or snow flies. I'll be due for ANOTHER oil change before Christmas. Ark'n roll.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

71 Fleetwood

1971 Fleetwood Sixty Special Brougham

Cape Cod Fleetwood

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville