News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1974….Eldo mirror…not 1984

Started by danjarrett1, October 03, 2021, 03:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danjarrett1

Love my Eldorado convertible but the guy who ordered it new did not specify a RH door mounted mirror? Does anyone have a line on a stand alone mirror for a 74? Don't need  cable driven remote manipulator, just a propped  mirror to mount on the door. And yes, evidently, a RH mirror was an option in 74! Any suggestion welcome
1974 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
2007 Cadillac Escalade
1980 Cadillac Seville “Bustleback”
1985 Cadillac Eldorado

Cadillac Fleetwood

A right-hand outside rear-view mirror was optional in 1974.  The factory-installed mirror is remote control; there were no "manual" mirrors. The joystick for the control was in the overhang of the dash padding, above the convertible top/antenna/rear defog switch cluster.  I used to get every one of these I could find in nice condition when I used to troll the soCal salvage yards decades ago. I had them packed away for years, and then during the last 2-3 years, there was a sudden demand and they're all gone

Now you will have to get a reproduction.  OPGI in  Seal Beach, California has them, both as a remote mirror, and as a non-remote.

Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

V63

I have a VERY nice 1973 version that's ONLY different At the joystick mounting due to the different dash design. $350