News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Build Sheet anomaly?

Started by Lexi, October 03, 2021, 06:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexi

I recently obtained my Series 75's "build sheet", with key "codes" as first supplied to a local Cadillac Dealership; who then gave them to me in accordance with procedures intended to ensure confidentiality with respect to key code data sharing. Subsequently I found that my car was issued only one key code, (ignition). The key code for the so-called "compartment" key is blank. For a Limo that key would operate the glove box, trunk and RR passenger door, but was not listed.

Question: Any idea as to why my car had only one key code on the build sheet? I got the impression that AV even thought this was odd. My car is a 1956 Series 75. Would that be normal for Series 75 cars? I have seen another build sheet for this year with other Series 75 cars and both codes were present. Any idea why my case was different? Thanks. Clay/Lexi