News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

My Valve Cover With 'Antoine de La Moth Cadillac'

Started by carlhungness, October 10, 2021, 06:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlhungness

Here's a snap of my hefty aluminum valve cover going on my 500" engine with my personalized script. The scripts is made of stainless steel, and I note that while sitting in a box the last few months it has lost its luster.
   Now I'm in trying to decide what to do with it, chrome the script, which would be tricky I think because of the possibility of bending, or powder coating, or leave alone.
   Suggestions welcomed.
   I've never seen the man's name on a valve cover so thought I'd give him some credit. His actual name may well be longer than this such as Antoine Le Seur de La Moth Cadillac, but you get the idea.
    The valve covers have been fairly well polished from their cast state, then sanded smooth and powder coated black.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Sure going to get people talking about your engine.

You might end up having to put up a sign describing what it is all about. ;)

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

carlhungness

Naw, I'm just waiting for them to pronounce Antoine.
    The world's fastest motorcycle from 1946-1973 was the Vincent Black Shadow, would do 125 when others would go 80. It was designed by Phil Vincent and Phil Irving.
     Irving was a genius designer (did the Repco Brabham that won the F1 title) with a little V-8 stock block engine. Irving did the heads.
    At any rate I had decals made for my Shadow that said Irving on top and Vincent on the bottom (as per usual). Onlookers would say they never heard of a Irving Vincent. Vincent enthusiasts said, "Good on you. Irving deserves a lot of credit."
    Some years later a couple of brothers re-manufactured an upgraded Vincent engine that won (and wins) virtually everything it enters. They used the same precise idea for a decal I made.
     I wanted 'different' and that's what I've achieved. Will anyone like it? Will I care?
     As noted, my problem of the day is how to keep the script clean.

Cadillac Fleetwood

Carl,
While it's perfectly acceptable to drop the "Le Sieur" part of the name,  since it's just a title, "La Mothe" needs to be spelled with the terminal "e" to be correct.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

carlhungness

Big Fins

Almost like a tattoo that has been spelled incorrectly. It's near impossible to change.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

carlhungness

I can have new script made...now in the process...and I'm a journalist..so the
mistake stings.

V63

I had some 'extra' Eldorado letters to accent the upper firewall on a modified engine compartment. Well...I wanted it centered and the hood latch (on an Eldorado brougham) was at the firewall and played interference with my letters, no room for the last "O" 😤

So I made it an "ELDOROD" 🤣, seemed appropriate given its modifications!