News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Lasalle gas tank

Started by Lasalle newbie, October 11, 2021, 09:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lasalle newbie

Any one have a picture of a 37 lasalle fuel tank? I'm missing mine and have no idea what it looks like and im having trouble locating a new one.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Lasalle newbie on October 11, 2021, 09:04:20 PM
Any one have a picture of a 37 lasalle fuel tank? I'm missing mine and have no idea what it looks like and im having trouble locating a new one.

Have you tried these folks? I got my new tank here, and this is where all the other tank dealers get
their tanks -
https://autocityclassic.com/

As you're no doubt aware, there is a catastrophic supply chain disruption of car parts, modern and
antique, in this country at this time. 
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on October 11, 2021, 09:44:49 PM
As you're no doubt aware, there is a catastrophic supply chain disruption of car parts, modern and

That's what we get for allowing our manufacturers to move offshore. That should never have happened.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Lexi

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on October 11, 2021, 09:44:49 PM
Have you tried these folks? I got my new tank here, and this is where all the other tank dealers get
their tanks -
https://autocityclassic.com/

I believe that is correct. Unfortunately for international members, I was told by AutoCity that they do not presently ship outside the US. Not sure if is this covid generated, or their regular policy. You must use a supplier who buys from them. Tom's Classics is one supplier that comes to mind who at least ships to Canada. His service was excellent. Clay/Lexi

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: lexi on October 11, 2021, 10:27:35 PM
I believe that is correct. Unfortunately for international members, I was told by AutoCity that they do not presently ship outside the US. Not sure if is this covid generated, or their regular policy. You must use a supplier who buys from them. Tom's Classics is one supplier that comes to mind who at least ships to Canada. His service was excellent. Clay/Lexi

Pssst! Tom's Classics *IS* Auto City Classic.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

harvey b

The Lasalle tank is the same one used in the 60 series Cadillac too,it is a very hard to find tank in any shape?.It uses a one year only sending unit,it has the fuel pipe as part of the sending unit,the "bigger" series of cadillacs have the fuel outlet in the side of the tank.On my 60 series the filler neck is part of the tank,it does not use a hose coupler to join the neck to the tank,it is a chore to get it in with the neck on it,you have to have the car in the air to wiggle it in to place.I dont have any pictures of mine,i could get you the dimensions of it if you need them. Harveyb
Harvey Bowness

Lexi

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on October 12, 2021, 09:58:53 AM
Pssst! Tom's Classics *IS* Auto City Classic.

I thought so as well Laurie, (because they share the same address), but I had Auto City on the phone a week or so ago and asked if Tom's Classics was indeed them. After a lengthy pause, they said "No", but added that they do supply Tom's. It was also during that conversation that I was advised that Auto City also does not ship internationally, but I know Tom's does as I bought a new gas tank from him. So the exact relationship between these 2 firms is unknown, at least to me. Perhaps they are stand alone separate companies, but somewhere down the paper trail still related? Common in business. Auto City may be the parent company but in legalese a separate business entity. Still, you can have different companies operating out of the same address. More business oddities with various reasons for such. Again, Tom's was great to do business with. Clay/Lexi

fishnjim

If you search this forum you'll find pictures posted in 2104 under "1937 LaSalle gas tank"
I guess you need to know what model you have, as they probably vary, if coupe or sedan?