News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1955 oil canister leak

Started by G.Lucas #25354, October 14, 2021, 06:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Lucas #25354

I have a 1955 Fleetwood with an oil leak, small, on the base of the oil filter canister. It is not on the brass fitting at the base, but, what looks like a washer just above it. Can this be taken apart and resealed? There is no info in the manual on this topic. This is on the oil feed from the engine to the canister/filter. I had the canister powder coated, so don't want the hurt the finish. Any advise? Thanks. George.

J. Gomez

Quote from: G.Lucas #25354 on October 14, 2021, 06:46:29 PM
I have a 1955 Fleetwood with an oil leak, small, on the base of the oil filter canister. It is not on the brass fitting at the base, but, what looks like a washer just above it. Can this be taken apart and resealed? There is no info in the manual on this topic. This is on the oil feed from the engine to the canister/filter. I had the canister powder coated, so don't want the hurt the finish. Any advise? Thanks. George.

George,

The feeder tube (part of the large washer connector on the outside) is welded to the canister (inside) if you have a leak around this area you will need to find if the leak is from the welded area inside or the washer/tube area on the outside.

Not sure if the feeder tube is also welded to the large washer or just press-in.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082