News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1976 Eldorado Convertible

Started by Guido, October 16, 2021, 08:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guido

Hi,
I'm the proud new owner of a 1976 Eldorado Convertible. I would like to start on the interior door panels and door seals. Any information about where to buy restoration or original parts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Richard

TJ Hopland

Seals Steele Rubber Products.   

I believe the lower door panels are being reproduced but only in a black ABS plastic so not the same as the originals and they need to be properly painted which isn't as easy as power coating metal.

Door panels were the same fit wise on all the 2 door cars over several years so you don't have to look for 76 Eldo specifically but they are all pushing 50 years old so you don't want to end up paying a lot for something that is as fragile as what you have now. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Big Fins

The mid/lower sections can be recovered if you can put up with a seam on the arm rest. No one that I know of can do the vacuum shrink fitting like the factory did it. Whoever got all of that old tooling and machines could make a fortune.

TJ is correct, they are being repopped. SEM makes a great interior paint/dye, formulated especially for interior vinyl, cloth, leather and plastic.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Roger Zimmermann

If I'm right, Just Dashes is reproducing them with the same process as the original ones.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

dennisspeaks

Guildo,

What color is the 76 that you picked up?  As TJ said several years fit.  I am buying two parts cars that have been sitting in a barn since the late 90's.  If memory serves me correct all door panels are pristine, just the mice had a party on the seats and carpet.  There is a yellow 78 Biarritz and a browning/gold 77 Biarritz.

The other challenge is I don't know how fragile they are because of their age and just sitting in a barn for that long.  Maybe someone else can chime in.

Congrats on your 76 convertible, that is what I am looking for.
CURRENT CLASSIC CARS
1939 Cadillac
1976 Eldorado convertible
1978 Toronado XS
1994 Deville
1989 Fleetwood
1989 Town Car
1982 Mark VI

PAST CARS
1978 Biarritz
1978 Eldorado
1978 Biarritz