News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Night Arking

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, October 17, 2021, 01:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

With this cruise in last Tuesday night I broke my record of 19 events with The Ark in 2019, this
made it 20 so far for the year. VERY COOL car show and mini-golf tournament in a few hours, winner
of the mini-golf get their car's color painted on the weather vane at the Red Barn, just like you won
the Preakness. Last Gillette Stadium cruise in is Thursday, weather permitting, GOTTA go. The Rebels and Shamrods will keep having weekly cruise in's until the first ice or the first snow. Sweet. And its 70 out there now at 0105 with T1 approaching, hope the wx is good by departure time. And I hope this pic posts normally too.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

James Landi

Laurie,

Alas, the great cool down is upon us up here in Maine once again... enjoy what remains of dry weather and temps on the Cape!  James

59-in-pieces

And the "OSCAR" goes to - THE MOST ACTINVE CLASSIC CAR & DRIVER in the staring roll of ATTENDING THE MOST EVENTS category (compete, win , lose - does not matter).
Congratulation, THE ARK & Laurie K. (SIS).

Anyone ready to challenge the award winners with their event attendance record.

Oh, here's a thought that might just shake up the dust.
Perhaps the Powers That Be would create such an annual award, as described above (you rename it to make it more Cad Hobby friendly).

After all, it takes a huge show of love for our hobby, and wining would be open to all, not just those who have an obscene amount of money in their restoration, and especially not "TRAILOR TYPES" - they have their own LOOK AT ME'S to win.

Just say'n.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Cape Cod Fleetwood

And with the Red Barn event in the books (very well attended, see my post on my FBook page) we're at 21 events so far this year, 25 is my new goal which should be easy if the weather stays good. James in 24 hours the temperatures on the Cape went from summer to winter, ARGH. Heat is on, heated bed installed, etc. I'll be reprogramming the floor fan in The Lair to go on every 12 hours for an hour instead of every 6. Steve (Bro) people have to get their cars OUT THERE. Its good for the car, its great for the public and in my opinion essential for the car owner physically and emotionally.
Drive your cars.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

dochawk

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on October 17, 2021, 01:07:32 AM
winner
of the mini-golf get their car's color painted on the weather vane at the Red Barn, just like you won
the Preakness.

Ohh, for a plaid car, just to watch them paint the vane . . .
>:D

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on October 17, 2021, 12:24:32 PM
and especially not "TRAILOR TYPES" - they have their own LOOK AT ME'S to win.

I'd like to have a requirement for a show of a minimum 2,000 miles in the last year . . . and another category for 5,000 . . .

yeah, I find trailer queens boring . . .

1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)