News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

FS: 1957 365 Engine Block

Started by dn010, October 26, 2021, 10:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dn010

I have had this block sitting on my shelf for well over a decade. It was once in running condition in a parts car I had, and ultimately I tore it down to use the internals for the engine in my "good" car. The engine has long ago been cleaned up and painted, but as you can see it will require some cylinder work as one or two of the cylinders have some scoring. There are no known cracks, the engine did not overheat during my ownership, or have any water mixed with the oil when it was together and operating. The cooling passages are clear.

Many years ago I was all about keeping "spares" of everything, and with this block I thought maybe 'one day' I'd build the engine back up, but as time goes by I look at what is now a collection of engine blocks in my garage and realize I need to start getting rid of some of this stuff. I do have the main caps and bolts to go with it, and I believe I also have 6 new concave freeze plugs that can go with it-just need to find them. I'm asking $400 picked up or $500 if it is going freight (extra for protecting, wrapping, pallet, straps, paperwork, etc.). This is located at a residence and I can help load it in your vehicle otherwise if freight, it will require liftgate service. It is sitting in zip 33777, Florida.

Photos to follow, and if you would like additional/specific photos of a certain area(s), please let me know and I will get them posted on here.

-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean

dn010

A few more photos:

-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

dn010

This block has been sold and hopefully will have another dormant Cadillac back onto the roadways soon. This thread can be locked.
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean