News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

*SUNDAY*!

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, November 05, 2021, 12:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

When friend Ernie Boch puts you on the cover of their ads for "Cars, Coffee and Conversation" at Boch Exotics this Sunday - you're GOING, even if you hadn't planned to. This will be event #24 for the year and we still have a Marine Corps toy drive/car cruise coming up weather permitting. Now for an emergency alignment at Cape Tire Service tomorrow at 3pm. On the way home from Gillette Stadium he was pulling a bit to the right, now I see some signs of 'wear' on that front right tire. Alignment was just done in September when more new parts would put on. Ryan needs to fix this. Tomorrow. He was like "I'm really busy, I can fit you in next week." I'm like "Tomorrow is FINE. WHAT TIME..." Mhm... I really wanted to take The Ark on my monthly run to the great Tax Free State of Cow Hampshire yesterday, that wouldn't have been a good idea. Not sure if I'll put that tire on the rear, or just get another one and move this to spare. (The spare now is the ORIGINAL tire!) Reached out to Rusty Jacobites for opinion, the tires have 6K on them. This 'cars and coffee' is for grown ups. Last time he had this, May 16, the Ferrari's, Lambo's and McLarens were lined up like shopping carts at Shaws. Just out of control, insane cars. Gotta believe the super duper cars are already tucked snugly into their velvet humidity controlled boxes for the winter, we'll see. Super high end coffee and food trucks. Can't wait, need my pit crew to do their jobs, this is what they get paid for. WX is cool and dry. #ArkNRoll

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1812836815568057&id=697511337100616

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

D.Smith

Here is the glamour pic for those that may not have a Facebook account.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: D.Smith on November 05, 2021, 08:32:27 AM
Here is the glamour pic for those that may not have a Facebook account.

Photo credit to Boch Exotics, Norwood, MA

Thanks Dave!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Good pic of Michael 'fiddling' with The Ark this afternoon. I'll tell you what my friends, the man worked his *A$$* off on both of my cars today, and I'm eternally grateful as always. Have Blue first for stabilizer bars all around, front shock/spring replacements and an overdue oil change. Home to switch cars/fetch The Ark. Michael went over every inch of The Ark's front end, there's nothing to suggest the issues Ryan was having doing an alignment. The plan now is to bring The Ark to his brother's shop, they have a fancy Hunter system too, Michael will be there, he wants to see what's happening on the screen. The perfect plan. In the mean time we've concluded the 'pull' is not 'that' significant, any damage to the ridiculously expensive Diamond Back Classics should be nil to minimal, and Rusty Jacobites promised me if there's a real issue he'll take care of me. As Bill Belichik would say -

WE'RE ON TO Boch Exotics TOMORROW. 10am to noon, "Cars, Coffee and Conversation". If you want to see the *SUPER* cars, the cars you only see on TV,  you'll be there too.

Shower, light dinner, and bed EARLY. Drop dead departure tomorrow is 0715 which means UP at 0415. Argh... By the time I pull into Boch Exotics at 0830 I should be awake. Not the first time The Ark has been tasked with getting to an event with me in a sleep deprived coma behind the wheel, and it won't be the last.

And set your clocks BACK tonight.

So damn *BLESSED*.

#ArkNRoll

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

6Fleetwood6

Hope to make this C&C and finally getting half way to the south shore!  Its getting late and "Betty" gets tucked in two weeks.
Current
1966 Fleetwood Brougham
Past
1999 Deville Concours
2006 STS4

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: 6Fleetwood6 on November 07, 2021, 06:02:41 AM
Hope to make this C&C and finally getting half way to the south shore!  Its getting late and "Betty" gets tucked in two weeks.

Was that your black brougham? Did you get turned away or put in another lot? WAY TOO MANY daily drivers and tuners polluting the main lot taking up precious space for super cars and nicer classics.
Don't put Betty away until the first ice or snow, wazzamatta which you? LOL!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Arrived at 0830, (up at 5am, argh) place was already filling up for a 10am to noon event. At least there's some thought being put into "what cars go where" now, tuners/Euro trash in the back, super cars directly in front, American muscle/vintage American in front to the right. There were some killers parked in the cheap seats. That'll teach ya to get up earlier. Simply out of control with the cars that showed up. Saw a lot of nice cars get turned away on the street. Maybe this needs to be an invitational you apply to like World Of Wheels, in just 2 events this thing is out of control cool. 900 cars? THOUSANDS of spectators... simply mobbed.

I took a million pictures, they're on my FBook page. I know how pictures of super cars/dream cars offend the illuminati here so I'll just post ONE. If it gives people a case of the vapors have admin delete the pic, OK? Cool pics of me with friend Ernie Boch, yes I had my crappy old Navy issued camo coat on. Its the warmest coat I own and I don't care if I get it dirty detailing The Ark on arrival. And it was chilly on arrival too. A coat of paint between all the Ferrari's, Lambo's and a heavy presence of McLarens, far more than in April. My PowerBall car was there and pictured here, '21 McLaren 720S Spider, $375K. Yes you can spend another 100K for the new Ferrari (and they were in the showroom, some with 'hold' and 'sold' signs on them) but the McLaren is the superior car IMHO. And this car, doors open, presents with filthy floor mats, trash on the floor on the pax side, seriously? Hey I'm glad they're driving the car instead of keeping it in a glass jar, but, jeez...

I saw no other Cadillacs other than The Ark in the main parking lot, flying the flag! Corvettes littered the area, one nice original Shelby, an original 'cuda 440 rag top, and a really nice original COPA Camaro. Lots of other misc old American muscle and luxury. And FAR TOO MANY daily drivers taking up valuable space. But a wonderful, blessed day none the less. About a 75 minute ride each way on smooth, fast highway with brilliant foliage putting on quite a show. And I'll swear The Ark got almost 14mpg, that engine must be breaking in. What a GREAT day, I had such a blast, this is SUCH fun.

And no noticeable damage to the Diamond Backs, we'll get that alignment issue sorted really soon. Michael and his brother (who owns another shop) has a Hunter there, Michael wants to see the alignment screen. He can make changes there if necessary, right now he's really doubting the ability of the guy I've been using. We'll find out. Hopefully soon.

Can you believe events #25 and 26 loom? A Toys For Tots toy drive with the Rebels in Plymouth and another here on the Cape with the Cape Cod Cruisers. LOVE the toy cruises! Let's hope this spectacular weather continues to cooperate.

Also attached a video, this has happened before, LMAO! Some guy with a teeny weenie but a large engine puts both into the landscape attempting a high speed burn leaving the event on Route 1 to entertain the crowd that gathers for such for about a half mile. That car 'was' a GT40. And to show how really stupid this schmuk is, the freshly dusted off by-standers offered to push him back onto the road so he could leave. NOPE! He's already called the police and a tow truck. Idiot.

#TheArkRules #ArkNRoll

video of the wreck - https://www.facebook.com/laurie.kraynick/posts/4493489000766214

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

6Fleetwood6

Yes that was Betty way over in the restaurant parking lot!  Very nice sunny morning for a highway cruise 65-70 all the way.  I need to give Mitchell Driveline in Shrewsbury, thumbs up for replacing my U-joints and rebalancing everything under there!  She is very smooth now.  I've  never been to a C&C with that many cars, my estimate was excess over 700!

Our paths will cross again!  8)
Current
1966 Fleetwood Brougham
Past
1999 Deville Concours
2006 STS4

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: 6Fleetwood6 on November 08, 2021, 05:50:23 AM
Yes that was Betty way over in the restaurant parking lot!  Very nice sunny morning for a highway cruise 65-70 all the way.  I need to give Mitchell Driveline in Shrewsbury, thumbs up for replacing my U-joints and rebalancing everything under there!  She is very smooth now.  I've  never been to a C&C with that many cars, my estimate was excess over 700!

Our paths will cross again!  8)

YAY Betty! Did you ever attend a Herb Chambers "cars and coffee"? I went to 2, insanely well run and always MOBBED. He ran them at different dealerships to "spread the wealth" around the State. They had guys at the entrance, with radios, who really knew cars. Again the super cars to the front, 'vettes were directed to the vette only area, American muscle/American nice to another, tuners over there, nice Euro's over here, euro trash over there, daily drivers to the rear. So well run when so many cars would show up. It was easier for the crowd, you didn't have to walk all over the town to see your favorites, they were clustered. And the coffee and donuts were free as were the cool coffee cups for the drivers. Always a pro DJ as well. What a shame he stopped hosting those events, they were epic.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

71 Fleetwood

Sounds like a Really Big Shew.  Meanwhile, I went for what may be the best cruise yet on Sunday.  The temperature was 72*, the Broncos had just won their game, my leaves were raked (for the 3rd time) and I had a Fleetwood beckoning to me.  I drove around the neighborhood and enjoyed the does and fawns crossing the road, people fishing at the lake, couples walking their dogs, cyclists staying in their lane.  We have the Black Forest with hills and curves and all different speeds.  Not a lick of traffic.  I love Sunday driving in a Cadillac.
1971 Fleetwood Sixty Special Brougham

cadillacmike68

I love Any day driving in a Cadillac. Fortunately, since that's all I can afford, Every day is driving in a Cadillac.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike