News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Looking to buy 1970 De Ville right hand mirror

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, November 05, 2021, 06:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello ,
    I am interested in purchasing a right hand passenger door Mirror for my 1970 Cadillac Coupe De Ville . It must be original not aftermarket . It does not need to be from  100 point show car . It must be in nice shape . And 100 % functional .  I am told the 68 and 69 models are the same .

Thanks ,
       Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Jamurray

Good luck, Bill.

I bought a used one at A&A in Brentwood, CA a lot of years ago for $300. It wasn't perfect, but it looked OK. I bought a repro from him a few years later as a gift for a friend that looked excellent for $350. They were rarely supplied in 1970, but I found they are needed for safe driving on modern interstate highways where you can't always be in the right lane.

My guess is there were not as many miles of interstates in 1970, so not many buyers paid the extra $8 for a right side mirror.

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello Jamurray,
    For a minute there i thought you found a good mirror for Me . And yes i have to agree with you . i need one for saftey .  I wonder why that wasn't standared back then .  You always had that blind spot to deal with when you were in traffic .  This is something i dont have to have but would sure like to have one .

Bill

Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

76eldo

Bill,

I have a complete kit in the Cadillac box with the special fasteners, the template, the mounting pad.
I paid a lot for it because it was supposed to be for my Eldorado and it wasn't. It's a Deville series.
I need to get $1000 for it.

If that's too high I'll keep it. I may have another one that doesn't have the fasteners but you might be able to make them. In fact if you still have machine shop access you might want to make a batch of these fasteners.

If interested let me know.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)