News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Wood wheel restoration

Started by Lasalle29, November 06, 2021, 06:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lasalle29

Need some advice and/or feedback on how you restored your wood wheels. I have a 1930 Lasalle that someone painted the spokes black and they were originally natural. Wanting to get them as nice looking as possible. Pictured is where we are on them currently. Question is how to get some of the dark spots from the paint somewhat faded now that was have the surface paint off.

carlhungness

Personally I'd see if one of the pro wood wheel restorers is someone who shares information. They have been there and done it. I imagine the type of finish you apply is all important, and you'll probably wind up with a polyurethane in today's environment. They'll look great.

Tom Boehm

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/283261-32-oldsmobile-deluxe-convertible-roadster/#comments

Above is a link to a thread on the AACA website forum. This guy did a great restoration on a 1932 Oldsmobile Convertible coupe. He spends quite a bit of time in this thread on the wood wheels. Post a question for him. He is a regular poster/participant on the AACA forums.