News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

CLC Florida Reunion

Started by Big Fins, November 12, 2021, 03:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Fins

What gives? Did anyone show? Are y'all having too much fun to post at least a few teaser pictures? The excursions must be wearing everyone out.

I had to miss 90% of it due to work requirements. Thanks, Navy!  >:(

I will be down in Melbourne this morning to see and meet some of the group. Hope everyone is having fun!
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Highwayman68

Yes we have been busy talking with each other and not taking pictures. I has been a good time and I am so glad I finally got to meet some people in person from here.

BTW NICE 69 Fleetwood!!!
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

Big Fins

WOW! Great time! A fairly large group came over. I saw some old friends and met some new ones.

Thanks for that Mark. You can bring yours next time.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

cadillacmike68

Very nice car John.

I have pics but its a process for me to get them on the computer to post.

Only one Cadillac (73 pace car) at the Mecum museum, and none at the Don Garlits museum. There were some ad the NPD museum.

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Big Fins

I wasn't expecting any really at a 'Muscle Car Museum', but he did have some nice vintage cars there. I'm pretty sure post pix of those here would be out of line and like Mike said, transferring them from the phone to the laptop is a pain. I just don't do forums on that little screen.

Were there a few Cadillacs brought by members to the hotel for a little private show?
Current:

Past and much missed:
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Vince Taliano #13852

Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

Highwayman68

Quote from: Vince Taliano #13852 on November 14, 2021, 08:54:58 AM
View pictures from Lynn Gardner and Richard Sills at http://www.clcpotomacregion.org/2021CLCReunion.htm.

Thanks

I always get too into looking and always forget to take pictures.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

chrisntam

Yes, thanks for posting the pics!
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Jason Edge

I took north of 600 pictures. Many were posted to my Facebook page then shared to the 63/64 Cadillac Facebook page which you can see at this link: https://www.facebook.com/6364Cadillac

Here is one picture from the National Parts Depot car museum:

Here is one picture that gives a glimpse inside the expansive Don Garlits Drag Racing Museum:

Here is one picture of dozens of engines on display at the Don Garlits Drag Racing  and Auto Museums:

Here is one view inside the Don Garlits Auto Museum:

Here is the lobby/entrance of the American Muscle Car Museum owned by Mark Pieloch.

Here is the main collection of 375 + cars (150 with less than 300 miles) at the American Muscle Car Museum.

And one of our Big President Glenn Brown, who even gets dwarfed by this collection!

Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Exec Vice President
1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - https://6364cadillac.ning.com
Carolina Region Webmaster - https://cr-clc.ning.com
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Thanks to Richard, Lynn and Jason for the pictures of the CLC Reunion tours.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Big Fins on November 14, 2021, 03:24:27 AM
I wasn't expecting any really at a 'Muscle Car Museum', but he did have some nice vintage cars there. I'm pretty sure post pix of those here would be out of line and like Mike said, transferring them from the phone to the laptop is a pain. I just don't do forums on that little screen.

Were there a few Cadillacs brought by members to the hotel for a little private show? 

WRT muscle car museum, true, but a 1959 Skyliner is NOT a "muscle car" nor was the Sunliner nor were the several 80s "non muscle cars" there, including a Dodge cobra whatever with some 120hp from the mid 80s.

Through the 50s and 60s, especially the late 60s, our Cadillacs had more HP than many so called "muscle cars" of the era - unless the other car had the top optioned engine.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

There were many "non-muscle" cars but the quality was uniformly excellent and it is claimed that each vehicle can be driven at a moment's notice. Ample paved areas allow cars to be driven without ever having to be taken out on public roadways.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Carfreak

I will also say thank you to the event organizers including Cynthia Rutledge, Ronnie Hux, Tim Coy, Dave Leash (great shirts & hats - GM Club Apparel), Cadillac Motor Car Company for hosting the Wednesday dinner & reception and the First Lady of Cadillac Events Marsha Redman. 

We had a blast.  Loved the museum & private collection tours, appreciated being able to see our CLC friends again, staying in an excellent hotel venue (free drinks from 5:30 to 7pm plus a hot buffet breakfast) and everything else that made it a great time.   
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.