News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Ghostbusters and Ecto-1

Started by TJ Hopland, November 13, 2021, 09:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ Hopland

With the latest Ghostbusters movie finally about to come out seems like there would be some discussion going on here about the Cadillac that is a significant charterer in the original and the new movie.

Does anyone here have a 59 Miller?  Or something similar from the era?

Anyone seen any decent Ecto cars at any car shows recently or ever?   

I'm helping a friend with his 63 Miller.    Took longer to get it running than originally planned and way too much life got in the way to do much for props but the hope is its still going to make it and be parked in front of a theater next Thursday when the movie opens.   If it happens I will be sure to get some pics.   It will for sure be the 'before' version of the car when Ray says he got a great deal and its in great condition and 'only needs'.

Maybe check your area theaters and see if anyone else is bringing hopefully a Cadillac to a theater for the opening next weekend and grab some pics?     
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Carfreak

Yes we have a 59 M&M but not running yet
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Clewisiii

https://youtu.be/ZM0dUoBmEfg

Fun watch on Restoring Ecto 1.

There were a few cars used.  And 60 or 61s were cut in half for some interior shots
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

cadillacmike68

One of our regional members has a 59 Ghostbusters ambulance
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Highwayman68

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on November 13, 2021, 10:35:12 PM
One of our regional members has a 59 Ghostbusters ambulance

Here's a picture of it. He had a facade made of the garage from the movie to park it in front of.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

TJ Hopland

I was busy running the searchlight so didn't get time to get many pics of the car 'in action' but I did manage to get these two.    It was very popular.   Lots of younger kids and some teens getting pictures standing by it.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Anderson

Just noting...there's a scene in the movie where, after having done a volley of maintenance on it, one of the kids is having trouble getting the engine to turn over as he's turning the ignition.  I found myself muttering "tap the gas and try again".  No bonus points for guessing why ;-)