News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 Splash inner fender Rubber

Started by 60eldo, November 14, 2021, 11:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

Could someone please post pics of 1960 rubber inner splash guards, rubber inner fender to front bumper. Right and left side, so I can see how they are installed.  Thanks
\

Jon. Klu

Moody

I have these pics saved for the same reason.
Dave
Moody

60eldo

Thanks u took the time to do that, but I need to see around the wheel wells
Jon. Klu

David Greenburg

I'll try and take some pics of mine on Monday. I also may have a diagram that came with some repro pieces a while back.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Moody

Moody

David Greenburg

Pretty much like that, except it's from the mfr of the replacement flaps.  I got tied up today with non-automotive life and didn't get a chance to look for it or take pics, but I'll be able to do it Tuesday.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

60eldo

Jon. Klu

David Greenburg

Yes; I hope they're helpful. I tried to post earlier , but the forum was down. I'm still looking for the instruction sheet.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

60eldo

Thanks Dave. Are those original, they look like metal. I just fabricated mine, and sorry I dont have the diagram , heres what I did.
Jon. Klu

David Greenburg

Jon-

No, it's the fiber-impregnated rubber.  I found the diagram, but my scanner doesn't always recognize my laptop, so I haven't been able to scan it.  So I took the attached picture.  If not clear enough, I can continue to try and scan; it will probably come back to life shortly.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

60eldo

Dave as you can see my pics, Im not sure if they are situated correctly in my car. So thats why I need to see a pic like mine only original, or that someone has installed repos but correctly.
Jon. Klu

fishnjim

If it's the same as the '58, it's masticated rubber sheet.   Available from Steele.
The factory attached with very strong staples through the steel sheet metal.   I looked high and low for such a staple machine and none to exist these days.   The staple company guy said he could make one, but wanted $2K up front and sampled to prove it.   Teh firs ttests failed.   Most people reuse/refit by hand.   They don't make those size staples anymore either.   I bought over 10000 staples trying to find and none would fit.   I had to bend and crimp by hand.
I used some adhesive first and that's an easier option just won't be "factory".   Poking those holes and bending staples with arthritis is not a job I want to repeat.   I quit after I got one side.    So you're in for a job unless someone can offer something.

David Greenburg

Mine are installed about as correctly as possible given the issue Jim notes with the staples. I was able to reuse some, and for other slightly enlarged the mounting holes. But I though your issue was about positioning.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville