News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Rejoined Forum

Started by Bryan J Moran, November 19, 2021, 12:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

Hello All -

I dropped off the forum 2 years ago.  I used my initials as a sign on BJM.  I now put my name in my sign on in keeping with forum rules.  I missed Eric correcting me and Bob Hoffman's bluntness as well! 

I still do not have any 'old' cars and have no plans at this time. But I would not mind enjoying other's experiences and cars vicariously.    I really missed asking stupid questions and getting great answers to expand my knowledge of Cadillacs. 

My wife and I bought a nice home with "barely" a 2 car garage and my 2021 Toyota Tundra won't even fit in there, so if I were to purchase a Cadillac for the purpose of hobby enjoyment, I would need to rent or procure storage and I am not sure I want to do that. 

I saw that the GN is in Chicago area this year and so is the Buick Club National meet.  I am not a member of either club at this point but may join one or the other.   I would like to be a judge but not a generalist, would like to learn and get to be competent in a period of time and focus.  I know a lot about Buicks and Cadillacs from the 20's to the 2000's but never an expert, just a lot of foggy anecdotal knowledge that gets me in trouble. 

Hope everyone has been doing well in the past couple of years. Of course it has been challenging.
CLC 35000 in number only

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Big Fins

I was wondering about the name in the Cars For Sale section. Welcome back.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

harry s

Yes welcome back. I thought I recognized your name.    Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

chrisntam

Welcome back!

Speaking of bluntness, I'm part of a car group on Facebook (not Cadillac), people ask questions about their cars, about 1/2 the responses are "did you look in the owner's manual? or the FSM?"  We don't get that here.  99.99999% of the responses are very helpful.

8)

Didn't you post leads in the cars for sale area?  If so, load it up!
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

James Landi

We shall likely never meet, but you were part of "my life" as a friendly voice on the forum which  is certainly a focus of my mornings, where I find myself engaged with other generous people who willingly compose lengthy responses for those who are fully immersed in the hobby.  There's a tacit kindness and concern for those who want to help, and this makes the entire engagement validating and affirming as we celebrate successes, where perseverance, ingenuity, and creativity often finally prevail.  It will be good to get your "take" again... you've been missed.   Happy day, James 

Lexi

I completely agree with the comments made by James. Welcome back Bryan. I as well, enjoyed reading your posts and have missed your input. Clay/Lexi