News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1958 CDV power steering fluid recommendations

Started by TomJudd, November 22, 2021, 03:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomJudd

Any comments or recommendations on P/S fluid for 58 caddy Deville?  ? Brand ? Types ? I was diagnosing an annoying tiny leak. Luckily was the lo / p hose. Anyway, gonna fill , run and drain and re fill. Any comments welcome. Assuming any quality brand name p/s fluid good ??   Factory hose was fossilized!! Same as P/B vac hose !! Maybe to the point she doesnt mark her territory anymore. Just hydrocarbons ..........

Jon S

Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

fishnjim

Jon is right.
It should be marked on your cover.   If not, then the cover has been replaced.   

I had to have the pressure hose made up as no one seems to supply and universals don't fit.
There's a special end fitting at the gear they had to reuse.   Hose guy didn't have one.
The return low pressure hose is available.   Reuse the clamps.
The rebuild kits for the pump have the wrong gaskets.   I had to make a set to solve a leak after rebuild.   Rubber only lasts 10-20 years as it ages and cracks.   Hard to see that leak also but drip on the exhaust and smokes.