News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Looking for a 1942 Stromburg Aerotype Carburator

Started by LCross, November 24, 2021, 02:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCross

I am looking for a Stromburg AAV-26 Carb for a 1942 V8 346 Engine if any one knows were I can locate one.
Thanks

Larry

tozerco

Hi Larry.

I've got one of these but I'm a looooooong way away from you. How badly do you need it? Can send some photos but would like to know if you think I can help first. I'm in Australia! Look on the bright side... at least the current $$ exchange rate suits you!
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

GregoryAlan

I shipped a camshaft from the US to Australia in August of 2021 and it is still stuck in customs. What is going on down under? I filed a claim with the USPS and it was denied because the package is still in transit, they assure me it was not lost. For a while The Australian PO was not accepting International packages and blaming it on covid. Strange world we live in. Sorry to be a buzz kill...

tozerco

Greg,

We have had a number of state-by-state "lockdowns" here to keep Covid at bay (Western Australia is STILL locked down to the rest of us... but that's another story!) and Australians have embraced on-line shopping like never before. There is now a HUUUUUGE shortage of delivery drivers to the point that Uber is using taxis to deliver food orders. We aren't use to that here.

It wouldn't surprise me if the shortage also applies to customs officers too.

On the other hand, talking about crazy things, my wife ordered a piece of artwork from Paris, it went to Leipzig in Germany, then to a "hub" in the USA before arriving in Sydney to be on-forwarded to us in the country. It still arrived at our house in one week.

Customs often get involved now if our GST (Goods and Services Tax) is to be applied to the parcel and this can take a while. Did your receiver pay or have to pay this? If it said GST would be assessed on arrival, THERE'S probably your problem!

None of this seems to apply for goods going the other way (Oz to the USA).
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533