News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

What happened to Charles Fares? (Cadillac Fleetwood)

Started by 64\/54Cadillacking, November 27, 2021, 10:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

64\/54Cadillacking

Has anyone heard from Charles Fares lately? He's a friend of mine and Cadillac contributor on the forum here. I haven't been able to get ahold of him, his phone line seems disconnected and he hasn't been active on the forum since the 13 of November which isn't usual of him. I'm concerned and just hope he's ok, if anyone has recently spoken to him please let me know.

Thank you.
Currently Rides:
1964 Sedan Deville
1954 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special
1979 Lincoln Mark V Cartier Designer Series
2007 Lexus LS 460L (extended wheelbase edition)

Previous Rides:
1987 Brougham D' Elegance
1994 Fleetwood Bro
1972 Sedan Deville
1968 Coupe Deville
1961 Lincoln Continental
1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
1978 Lincoln Continental ( R.I.P.) 1978-2024 😞

Big Fins

Anyone in the San Diego area? If so, maybe you should check on him.

He may be just on vacation on a cruise ship away from any computers. Disconnected, if you will.

Internet on a ship is about $5-10 per minute.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Cape Cod Fleetwood

I just sent him an email, he's really good about getting right back to me.
Stay tuned....
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

64\/54Cadillacking

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on November 28, 2021, 11:42:52 AM
I just sent him an email, he's really good about getting right back to me.
Stay tuned....

Sounds good Laurie. Thanks.

Quote from: Big Fins on November 28, 2021, 04:31:48 AM
Anyone in the San Diego area? If so, maybe you should check on him.

He may be just on vacation on a cruise ship away from any computers. Disconnected, if you will.

Internet on a ship is about $5-10 per minute.

I doubt it, he rarely if ever has time off of work like that. I could drive to his house as he lives in the same city as me, but that will be a last resort.
Currently Rides:
1964 Sedan Deville

Previous Rides:
1994 Fleetwood Bro
1972 Sedan Deville
1968 Coupe Deville
1961 Lincoln Continental

hornetball

Sub'd.  Charles is good people.  He's helped me out of a jam a couple of times.  I hope he's OK.

bctexas

I have sent him a PM on the forum, and an email in the last 10 days or so with no reply.  Unlike him.....
1965 CDV
1970 SDV

76eldo

I hope Charles is OK.
I have 2 phone numbers for him and neither will go through.

I'll try an email.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: 64\/54Cadillacking on November 28, 2021, 04:31:54 PM

Sounds good Laurie. Thanks.

I doubt it, he rarely if ever has time off of work like that. I could drive to his house as he lives in the same city as me, but that will be a last resort.
Why not do it??? I would if I lived close.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

64\/54Cadillacking

Words cannot explain how devastated I am feeling right now. 😞😢 Charles has past away.  He past over 2 weeks ago. I believe he was 65 going to be 66 next month as his birthday is close to mine in December.

I drove to his house and spoke to a neighbor. She told me he died of a heart attack sitting in his chair at home.

Charles was such a kind and sweet man, he always took the time to speak with me not just about Cadillacs, but about life and I loved his story telling. I am a lot younger than him, but I looked up to him as a mentor and someone that spoke with such clarity as he was also very wise. I will miss him dearly and unfortunately I don't have any pictures of him and I, he lived by himself with no wife or children. This hurts me the most knowing that he died all alone. He was a great friend and he loved Cadillacs!

It's how we met, this hobby of ours brought us together and I learned so much from him over the years. To the forum members that knew him as a friend, I am sure you also gained a lot of Cadillac knowledge from Charles and he has even helped you with parts for your cars. I'm just shocked and heartbroken, especially during this time of year.

Charles Fares was a special person and there will never be anyone else like him, the Cadillac community has lost a great one.
Currently Rides:
1964 Sedan Deville

Previous Rides:
1994 Fleetwood Bro
1972 Sedan Deville
1968 Coupe Deville
1961 Lincoln Continental

Carfreak

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Lexi

I feel like I have lost a family member. So sad. Charles was a great man and one of the pillars in our Cadillac community. I will miss him. Clay/Lexi

chrisntam

This is not supposed to happen.  Way young and a tremendous resource of knowledge has been lost.

:(
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

76eldo

I'm very upset to hear this. I have had many great conversations with Charles and have purchased many parts from him that were always of great quality.
That's really a shame that we lost him.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

wrench

Thanks for passing along this info. I had dealing with him over the years.

I just went over and read the emails and listened to a voicemail I had saved from a couple of years ago.

Sad to hear this.

He was an asset to this forum and a good humored fellow.

I will miss him.

Jeez.
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

79 Eldorado

I didn't know him but thank you C. Asaro for sharing your experience with him. He sounds like someone we would have all enjoyed and benefited from knowing. When I saw your post I tried to internet search. I never posted because I couldn't find anything helpful.

Sad and too soon.

Scott

64\/54Cadillacking

He will be missed dearly. His death just makes you realize how any of us can go in an instant with no signs at all, and how quickly your belongings don't  mean anything to certain people, family included.

He owned that nice 89 Fleetwood and he also had a 70 Fleetwood that he showed me pictures of. He also had a beautiful 72 Lincoln Continental that was canary yellow with a brownish interior that was immaculate. I know he had tons of spare Cadillac and Lincoln parts in his garage as he was a fan of Lincoln Continentals as well.

His knowledge of both brands was incredible. He knew almost every Cadillac  and Lincoln paint code by heart, engine serial numbers, vin numbers, original part supplier for Cadillac, what parts would fit what years of cars and differences between them and a host of other info in his head. He had great memory of things and knew so much about the Cadillac brand and history itself.

I know he's in a better place now and isn't suffering from the severe stress of his job and other physical ailments he might of had. He seemed fine the last time we spoke, and didn't complain of any illnesses. The sudden loss of a close friend or loved one is the worst kind of pain to go through. You physically feel sick.

This is a moment of reflection and a time to hug and appreciate your loved ones as you never know if it's going to be the last time you see them. Life is precious we only have one chance at it, take care of your health and try to destress as much as possible, keep good company around and care for others that need the attention.

Charles if you're reading this from above someway somehow, I love ya buddy. We'll someday meet again, but for now, may you Rest In Peace. 🙏🙏🙏⛪️
Currently Rides:
1964 Sedan Deville

Previous Rides:
1994 Fleetwood Bro
1972 Sedan Deville
1968 Coupe Deville
1961 Lincoln Continental

Roger Zimmermann

Sorry to hear that. He was a good supplier; I'll miss him.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Jason Edge

I always had very positive interactions with Mr. Fares and found him friendly, fair and very knowledgeble. This is a huge loss for the Cadillac Community. Just very sad.
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Charles was an absolute pleasure to deal with and was always exceptionally cordial in all communications I had with him. The knowledge and contributions he brought to the CLC Forum were second to none. A great loss to the CLC community and his presence here will be sorely missed.

Rest in Peace Charles.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

colorado4x4

This is such sad news.   As others have said above, this is akin to losing a close family member.  I had a few phone calls with Charles and bought an item from him,  after I acquired my "70 Deville a couple of years ago.  He had teed up a couple items that I might be interested in buying at some point in the future.  His knowledge and passion about these cars was vast and so detailed.   The passion was infectious, as after talking to him you wanted to go out and start an improvement/restoration project right away.
Like an ole friend that you think will always be around.
RIP Charles
Rocky Mountain Region Membership Chair & Treasurer
1970 DeVille Convertible Chateau Mauve Firemist
1970 DeVille Convertible Lanai Green Metallic