News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Transmission rebuild

Started by Ivan Yurtin, July 02, 2020, 10:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan Yurtin

I'm searching for someplace that can rebuild the transmission on my 59. I live in the San Jose, CA area. Any recommendations?

Thanks, Ivan Yurtin
Ivan Yurtin

Harley Earl

Hello Ivan,

I cannot speak to Bay Area Transmission shops but I can refer you to a shop about 80 miles inland to you in the Sacramento, CA area.  Give ATO Performance Transmission a call @ 9166363283.  They have a web presence via a search engine query.

The guru that rebuilt my '59 Hydramatic in 1987 is long gone, unfortunately.  I have heard good things about ATO and you will not be paying Bay Area prices...
Hoping for a Standard Trans Cimarron

Previous
1950 Series 61 Sedan - Savoy Gray
1974 Coupe de Ville - Victorian Amber Firemist
1959 Coupe de Ville - Brenton Blue
And 20 "other" Cadillacs from the 40s to the 80s

Ivan Yurtin

Thanks for the info, I will give them a call.
Ivan Yurtin

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Try Dan's transmission right here in town.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Joshua

Hi Ivan,

I have rebuilt a couple 59 & 60 transmissions and have the special tools required to do so. I live near Los Angeles. Feel free to send me a message if you are interested is discussing a possible rebuild with me.

Josh
1959 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 6 Window (X2)
1959 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 4 Window
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood
1964 Volkswagen Type I

Ivan Yurtin

Has anyone used Restoration Hydramatics in Salinas, CA? I think it's called Transmissions by Gene.

Ivan Yurtin
Ivan Yurtin

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

This my last post on this subject. Have you pursued the options suggested???  I don't recommend the shop in Salinas!!!
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.