News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1974 CdV $11,000 - Memphis TN Craigs List - Possibly Mandarin Orange

Started by Bryan J Moran, December 01, 2021, 11:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

https://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/d/indianola-1974-cadillac-coupe-deville/7408559900.html

NOT MINE - from ad -

Very good condition both inside and out. 59,xxx original miles,, tons of new parts have been placed on vehicle and is road ready.. Brand new vogues, new a/c compressor/dryer unit, heat works, all power, looks good/drives even better!! Call for more details if interested,,, PLEASE SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY..... Thanks and God bless

(770) 363-9114

Posters Notes:   Hard to tell if this could be a nice example or even if there is originality in the paint.  I find it a bit hard to believe (but I am not expert) that this could be a Mandarin Orange 1974 CdV with a red half vinyl roof. 

CLC 35000 in number only

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

jagbuxx #12944

Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Somebody needs to contact the seller & get the data plate info. 
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Bryan J Moran

Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on December 01, 2021, 08:02:53 PM
Somebody needs to contact the seller & get the data plate info.

I'll do a reach out but getting replies is another thing.  Most sellers don't want to bother.  I have looked at this car over and over again.  My last Cadillac was a 1976 CdV, and I am a fan of the 1974-1979 CdV's.  Of those, 1974 is by far my favorite because of the headlights and egg crate grille.  And this is in my favorite color, or color range.   

I know prices have increased but not sure I want to go into $11,000 for a CdV. 
CLC 35000 in number only

On closer inspection this car is a mess. Full repaint with overspray everywhere, cracked leather, covered up steering wheel, vinyl roof replaced w/wrong material which is already pulling away from border trim, busted driver's armrest. Just another spit shined 20-footer ready to go downhill.

Plenty of CdVs I'd happily pay north of $11K all day long.  Not this one.

79 Eldorado

Is the lower molding on the vinyl top the factory original design? When I looked at the car that looked strange to me but I admit I do not know the 1974 CDV well.

Scott

D.Smith

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on December 02, 2021, 11:03:08 AM
On closer inspection this car is a mess. Full repaint with overspray everywhere, cracked leather, covered up steering wheel, vinyl roof replaced w/wrong material which is already pulling away from border trim, busted driver's armrest. Just another spit shined 20-footer ready to go downhill.

Plenty of CdVs I'd happily pay north of $11K all day long.  Not this one.

Agreed with Eric.   Wrong roof material.  Not a highly optioned car either.    I'd say it was Andes Copper.  Common to see it pared with Terra Cotta.

Bryan J Moran

I do like to run it by the experts here but will play devil's advocate as well.

While resprayed, it does show well.  I do the see the overspray on the door latch.  The vinyl top would need replaced but the sort of person that would buy this car likely just drives it and enjoys it. 

I'm not sure about it being 'not highly optioned.'  It has real nice looking original leather, most power options, A/C and such.  I'm not sure what options it is missing that I would want or not want. 

I paid $6,000 for my all original 76 CdV with 60,000 original miles.  It had some warts but I thought it was a good buy, sold it for $3,400 on ebay. 

So for me it would be about value.  I'm not going to Memphis to check this one out but if the paint is nice, chrome is nice, interior nice, it can be proven to be a 60,000 mile car, then it would be a car I would buy.

I know some guys on here look for the very best. I am usually not one of those that passes on decent cars for the perfect car at the perfect price.  But I still appreciate the comments. 
CLC 35000 in number only

I agree Andes Copper more likely and yes the vinyl roof border trim is incorrect which I didn't think worth mentioning considering everything else.

Maybe not everyone insists on near perfect low mileage original but considering the seller's at $11,500 at the starting gate, there's little reason to go further just from what can be seen. As we all know that's usually just the tip of the iceberg.

D.Smith

Quote from: Bryan J Moran on December 03, 2021, 10:15:11 AM

I'm not sure about it being 'not highly optioned.'  It has real nice looking original leather, most power options, A/C and such.  I'm not sure what options it is missing that I would want or not want. 

Power windows were standard.  Power door locks became standard in January of 74.

This car doesn't have the power trunk release option.   No cruise control or rear defroster.
No Twilight Sentinel nor Guidematic auto dimming control either.   Appears to have a bench seat, not the optional divided "dual comfort" seating option. 

Average number of options really on it.    Leather, Cabriolet roof, Tilt wheel and right side mirror.

74 was a transition year for standard equipment.   In January of 74 several formerly optional items became standard equipment along with a base price increase.   Added were:  Climate Control, Lamp monitors, Power Door Locks,  AM/FM radio, 6-way power seat, Tinted Glass and White wall tires.

Bryan J Moran

Thanks Dave.   That is how I learn BUT remembering may not be as easy!   

I have had no reply to my text.  I can call, but I am not a fan of calling, preferring not to catch sellers off guard. 
CLC 35000 in number only

Big Fins

If they want to sell the car and I want to buy it, then they'll answer the phone. If not, it wasn't meant to be.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille