News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Ringing bell noise

Started by Locosiete, August 29, 2021, 01:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Locosiete

Quote from: James Landi on September 06, 2021, 07:08:07 AM
All this said, please make certain to put safety first---brake lines and associated parts, tires, and steering components.... all these absolutely require inspection and attention.  Happy day,  James

Couldn't agree more! I am going through this 1 item at a time. Not looking to do a full restoration but a nice driver to cruise around in. I learned when i was younger to catch things and repair or replace before they become big things. Now that i am older i take my time and try not to rush through things. Found more often then not i have to redo it or fix something when i rush through it.

Quote from: savemy67 on September 06, 2021, 09:12:43 AM
Your post did not say if you checked the fluid with the engine running.

Yes fluid was checked while car running and up to temp.

According to service manual pan and filter for transmission require only 4 Quarts. Went well passes that so pretty sure torque converter is the issue. Keeping my fingers crossed i am wrong but will find out here soon.
Here's my 2 cents on a 3 cent conversion.

Locosiete

**So update **
After having to wait for opening took in and had transmission "rebuilt" wasn't full overhaul but transmission pump seal was dried and was the cause of my leak. Broke just like a piece of spaghett. But they showed me clutch plates were bad and looked like they has been rubbing against gravel. So had clutch plates torque converter and seals replaced. They didn't see anything wrong with flywheel but even after fixing transmission i can still faintly hear a slight ringing. Leaning to could be breaks causing that sound.
Here's my 2 cents on a 3 cent conversion.