News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Replacement fuzzies for '59-'60 quarter window upper channel

Started by David Greenburg, March 15, 2022, 03:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

What are people using to replace the fuzzies in the upper channel for the quarter windows on '59-'60 coupes?  Its basically the same as beltline weatherstrip except that it needs to curve, and the universal stuff with the stainless beads doesn't look like it would be that flexible.  None of the usual suspects, including Steele, RTRW etc. show anything for this application, and I'm not even seeing anything for Impalas, which look like they might use the same parts.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

59-in-pieces

David, 

How about a pic for us with limited imaginations.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

David Greenburg

Steve:

You convertible guys don't have this problem!  What I'm talking about are the "fuzzies" lining the channel circled in this pic. Unlike conventional beltline weatherstrip, which sits in the top of the door and body window openings an is straight, these have to curve with the roofline.   
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

fishnjim

Not sure you'll find "fuzzies".   
Not real sure what you're talking about if Steele doesn't have it, then maybe Restoration Specialties.   www.restorationspecialties.com
They supply window channel stuff.   

David Greenburg

Yes there are fuzzies in there. RS does have some universal stuff that is slightly flexible, and could probably be pieced together in a couple of segments to make the curve. I was just hoping there might be a cleaner, easier to install solution, particularly since most, if not all '59-'60 full size GM hardtops appear to have the same piece of trim that goes between the top of the window and the roof, in place of conventional roof rail weatherstrip.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Talk to Clayton at Rubber The Right Way. If he doesn't have it or can't find it, it doesn't exist.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Moody

This "fuzzy" material is the same on all GM coupes starting in '55 I believe. It's available, may find it on a Chevy site. Comes in rolls and is glued in.
Dave
Moody

Moody

Found it on the CARS Buick parts website after a quick search.
Moody

David Greenburg

Thanks. I'll take a look at that. I've also found  some somewhat flexible  stuff at Resto Specialties that might work. Thickness is an issue; too thin and it will rattle.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville