News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 Front View of Fog Lights & driver armrest control panel

Started by 59-in-pieces, December 06, 2021, 06:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

59-in-pieces

In my efforts to compare the 1959 and 1960 similarities:

I am looking for some pictures of the front view of a 60 with its fog lights illuminated - preferably during the day to get all the details, or at night, second best.

Also, does anyone have a close-up view of the 60 driver's armrest showing the control panel with a switch for a car with bucket seats - not a 6 way seat switch.

Thanks, and have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

David Greenburg

Steve - I can send you a shot of the foglights in daylight tomorrow.  Looks like you can have your choice of partly cloudy or full sun.  Also I can post here, or email a higher res pics if you prefer (I'm sure I've got your email).
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

59-in-pieces

David,

Dealers choice.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Day Light - sunny, if you please.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

David Greenburg

Steve:

You're hardly a beggar; after all the advice and pics you've provided over the years, the rest of us owe you a few. Anyway, the sun just came out, so I'll take the beast out for a spin.  Since these pics are unlikely to be of much general interest, I'll just send them by email so I don't have to worry about file size and such.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I'm not sure what bulbs are in David's car but the candlepower of the fog lamp bulbs that I've purchased online are far below that of OEM fog lamp bulbs (when operating in fog lamp mode).
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

David Greenburg

My fog bulbs look pretty new, so probably not OEM, and one of them is missing the metal cap that it is supposed to have.  So it's quite bright but  probably not real useful in fog.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

David King (kz78hy)

I have good supply of NOS fog light lamps (1074) and since they are old, they have the proper globe shape to retain the reflector.
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region