News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

BOGO National Meets?

Started by Carfreak, December 07, 2021, 11:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carfreak

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Mike Baillargeon #15848

wow !   a  2 - fer   It's like a solar eclipse !

But, can I get on a plane without somebody wanting to stick a needle in me?

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

gkhashem

Do I have to bring an armed guard with me or am I far enough from Chicago to be safe?   :)
1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

Jason Edge

Looks like the GN in Lombard is about 20 miles west of the main Chicago area. The hotel looks pretty nice. Here is a screen shot from our 63/64 Chapter Newsletter with 2022 GN info. 

Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Carfreak

Quote from: gkhashem on December 08, 2021, 03:47:46 PM

Do I have to bring an armed guard with me or am I far enough from Chicago to be safe?   :)

Ha ha ha!!! 

Someone asked the same question when the Lake St Clair aka Motor City Region hosted the 2002 CLC GN celebrating Cadillac's Centennial in Dearborn Michigan. 

Perhaps the person who asked the question back then was concerned about being in the shadow of FoMoCo's World HQ?   ???

FWIW, the 2002 GN was THE BEST & BIGGEST CLC event ever and I am confident the 2022 GN will be a great event too particularly after missing 2 summers 'because COVID'.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

rwchatham CLC 21892

Some people are scared if any big city , bring the GN back to the Detroit area ! 👍
R. Waligora

Big Fins

I'd go to Detroit over Chi-Town any day. I've spent a lot of time in both.

Where you go just depends on how your grouping is!
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Bryan J Moran

As someone who has collected Buicks and Cadillacs over the years, I posed the same subject on the Buick Clubs area of the AACA site. Mike Book is a BCA Board member.  This arrangement allows him to go back and forth between clubs.

He also runs the National Office for the CLC.  I would expect him to be running back and forth between CLC and BCA duties.   

I suspect this is "part" of the reason the 2 clubs have close to each other events during the same week in the same geographical locale.   It makes perfect sense that there should be a joint get together.  Meet? No, but a cruise night or some joint event yes. 

Oh well.   Mike will certainly lose weight running back and forth from his club - the BCA - to answering questions for the CLC as needed.
CLC 35000 in number only

rwchatham CLC 21892

Quote from: Big Fins on December 09, 2021, 02:34:09 PM
I'd go to Detroit over Chi-Town any day. I've spent a lot of time in both.

Where you go just depends on how your grouping is!

Ill be in chicago to pick up some chrome on  sunday and I lived in detroit for over 30 years , felt more uncomfortable in San Francisco that any midwest city , never seen so many homeless people as in san fran.
R. Waligora

Bryan J Moran

I have actually stayed at that Westin.  My family went with me and we rented a nice suite.  The reason was a model train show/sale in their open area, which is large.  There was a Harry Carey's there, with expensive mostly beef options.  It was good.   The area is certainly secure, no worries there.  Lots of quality restaurants near by. 
CLC 35000 in number only

gkhashem

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on December 09, 2021, 06:47:53 PM
Ill be in chicago to pick up some chrome on  sunday and I lived in detroit for over 30 years , felt more uncomfortable in San Francisco that any midwest city , never seen so many homeless people as in san fran.

I would understand that feeling, I guess the City by the Bay is not utopia?   :o
1970 GMC C1500
1996 Oldsmobile 98

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville

GBrown #8092

Bryan: Based on personal knowledge, the Buick Club and the CLC were mutually surprised that the dates were the same. There was nothing nepharious involved in the scheduling.

Buick has delegated National Meets to the Region, while we worked collaboratively with the Region to schedule ours. For us it was kind of luck of the draw based on hotel availability.

I have established a dialog between several of the GM Marque Clubs (see GM Car Club Council on youtube) to share information about future meets so if we again end up in the same geographic area, we will find out early enough to better coordinate activities.

For '22, we have been invited to go drag racing with them on Sunday, and for their cruise night after our Thursday night activity.  They are about sevn miles away, so you could go on your own, if you wish.

Glenn

gkhashem

As I recall Mike Book retired from managing the Buick club about 2-3 years ago, so I think the timing is just what it is. Nothing else.
1970 GMC C1500
1996 Oldsmobile 98

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville