News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Correct 1959 Water Pump Part Number

Started by Ivan Yurtin, December 22, 2021, 09:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan Yurtin

My Water pump Part Number is 30355 A.
The Original 1959 Water Pumps being sold on eBay have a part number of 1473914.
The Master Parts List says the part number should be 3631548 for non AC 1959's.
Does anyone know what the correct Part Number should be?

Thanks,

Ivan Yurtin
Ivan Yurtin

fishnjim

There's part numbers and casting numbers, so what's on the casting may not always be the part number.   If I had to guess, it's probably not an OEM part, ie, replaced at some point or can't see P/N when installed.   
If it's in the parts list, it's the right Cadillac number.   You can check several PL versions and see if it was superceded later.   I don't have time to look it up right now/don;t recall.
But Cadillac #s can be cross reference to find others that fit.   It should've been a AC Delco part number.  Need a AC Delco catalog for water pumps.   Somewhere there's a list of these, as I went through this a few years back on '58 and decided to rebuild, since mine was oem vs replace with chinese.   There was a supply shortage then, too.
The re-pops aren't supposed to use the GM numbers unless they're licensed by GM, some of the chinese ones don't have numbers that I've seen.   Maybe one of the better parts places is making them that way.