News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959/60 Air Cleaner decal

Started by StephanVS, December 10, 2021, 01:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephanVS

Could anyone send me a detailed picture of the original decal/stamp that's on the black air cleaner of a standard engine?

The new stickers that are sold on-line have a different Font than they used back in 59.
I will create a new stamp and it needs to be exact   8)
thanks

Stephan

Ivan Yurtin

Stephan:

If your able to find the correct stamp, please let me know because I'm restoring my 59.

Thanks,

Ivan Yurtin
Ivan Yurtin

Big Fins

I may be wrong, but I don't recall ever seeing a decal on the air cleaner housing of a '59, unless it is the Q-code Eldorado engine that you are working on. The single 4bbl just had a raised word on it that said, 'FRONT'.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Moody

My untouched'60 has a decal. But it's packed away. I'll try to get a picture.
Dave
Moody

fishnjim

Got to use the proper terminology, there's decals - which are transfers, and stickers - which are adhesive backed.
More reason to get the '59 authenticity manual kick started, CLC.
I was able to refer to the '57-58 manual for this.

If there's no sticker on the top there maybe a decal for the AC Delco filter element on the side.   The '58 had one, and I got it from a decal guy, but can't seem to locate his info at the moment.   Search online that's how I found it, if he's still in business.   There are several vendors and the data is not always correct.   They're selling them, not guaranteeing authenticity/correctness.
Some of the other brands had much more pronounced badging on the air cleaners.   eg; I have a '50s Olds air cleaner for a stock 4 bbl and it has the rocket 88 logo on a foil sticker.   I don't recall there being one for the stock 390 but my batting average has been declining with age.