News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

390 intake 1963 Caddy

Started by Roberts 63, December 13, 2021, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberts 63

Is the intake manifold the same for the Carter & Rodchester carbs. Thank you

fishnjim

They "should" be but U need to check, don't take my word for it.   After they increased and standardized the air cleaner for the larger CI size they standardized to the current 4 bbl bolt pattern.   Earlier carbs are smaller.
Best way to tell, put the carb on, or look in the parts manual and see if it lists two 390 4 bbl manifolds for '63.  '63 has 429 also.

Andrew Trout

61/62 also used a 390 V-8 and the intake is the same. There are different gaskets, shims, and spacers that are used between the carb and intake.

My assumption is the same applies to your engine. If you don't have a service manual I'd strongly suggest getting one off eBay.
Rochester, NY
1961 Convertible

russ austin

R.Austin

Roberts 63