News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

4th Arkiversary

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, December 16, 2021, 11:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

4 years ago tonight The Ark was purchased and came home.
What a wild 4 years it has been. It was supposed to be a 'toy', a local burger cruiser as is, that's it. My dad sent it to me. He
knew I'd "need" the car for an emotional life raft in the months and years to come. The people we've met, the FRIENDS we've
made, the money that's been spent, and The Ark became a rock star. Happy Arkiversary baby.
And how I wish Charles Fares was here to comment... oh God I miss him ...  :( :( :(

First picture I ever took of The Ark attached, getting ready for the ride home to Cape Cod.

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

6Fleetwood6

Happy Arkiversity!  I wish you many, many more!
Current
1966 Fleetwood Brougham
Past
1999 Deville Concours
2006 STS4

Cape Cod Fleetwood

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

64\/54Cadillacking

Happy Arkiversary Laurie  8)

It's crazy how fast time just flys by when you own these cars. I tend to document every little thing I've done to my cars over the years and it's incredible how much you don't realize either the money you've spent and or the time invested into the hobby that happens so quickly over the years. Documenting repairs, events, purchases for the car, really helps you out down the road to help you remember what was done to it.

Charles definitely would have commented here. But I'm sure he's riding shotgun with you in the Ark cruising along enjoying the journey in spirit. 😇
Currently Rides:
1964 Sedan Deville
1954 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special
1979 Lincoln Mark V Cartier Designer Series
2007 Lexus LS 460L (extended wheelbase edition)

Previous Rides:
1987 Brougham D' Elegance
1994 Fleetwood Bro
1972 Sedan Deville
1968 Coupe Deville
1961 Lincoln Continental
1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
1978 Lincoln Continental ( R.I.P.) 1978-2024 😞

bctexas

Happy Arkiversary!  You're so funny, I get a real kick out of your enthusiasm.  I'm sure you'll have many happy years with the Ark.

I do understand the long term attachment to cars.  I have wanted to own an old Cadillac for years, but I never had room for Cadillacs until a couple of years ago.  I now have two.  I also have a 1986 Toyota MR2 that we bought brand new in May of '86.  Having always been stored indoors, it is still in very, very nice shape.  Selling it would be like selling the family dog.  My sons will end up selling it after I'm gone - it ain't going nowhere except for drives in the country while I still have anything to say about it.....

Happy Motoring!
1965 CDV
1970 SDV

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Congrats Laurie on your first four years with the
Ark.  I'm sure you'll have many more and additional
stories to tell as time goes on.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Thanks guys.
Chris great comment about Charles, I hope you're right. And I have an agonizingly accurate military style detailed document
on the work/mntx that's been done to the car since the day it arrived. Mileage/date/what was done/who did it, etc. And like
any good antique car owner I *NEVER* break rule #1 - NEVER add up your receipts. Save them, NEVER add them up. LOL!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville