News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

John Gately, Cadillac, fire

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, December 17, 2021, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

corey raub

John Gately is a name that sounds familiar but i don't remember why.  I clicked on the link and I see news about a fire in a former dance studio.  I know I'm missing something but I don't know what it is. 

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I don't get the connection either. Gately's street address is 4 miles from the fire location which was reported as a dance academy. Did he reside in the building? 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

6Fleetwood6

My understanding is he stored an extensive inventory of vintage parts in the basement, he is also a collector.  Sad day for the building but glad no one was hurt.
Current
1966 Fleetwood Brougham
Past
1999 Deville Concours
2006 STS4

fishnjim

For those that don't recall, John sells Cadillac and other parts out of Boston.   He has several places that he stores parts and cars, so he'd be the guy to talk to about losses.   As I recall he's not online, just by phone.
He advertises in the "Starter".   

Carfreak

John Gately is one of the 'good guys'.  We always look forward to seeing him and his helpers at Hershey. 

A true bummer about the building destruction, likely destroyed cars and loss of vintage parts. 

Just another kick in the behind; several years ago when Boston was experiencing an extremely snowy winter, a section of roof gave way in one of his buildings.  I believe a 70s Eldo took the brunt of the damage and the building was eventually repaired. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

EAM 17806

John has got to be one of the nicest guys I have met and very fair and honest in all his dealings; may GOD be with him in all the trouble he must be having with this horrible fire, especially during this sacred Christmas season. Good Luck John with ALL your future endeavors because you are one that thoroughly deserves good fortune.   EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Is there any update on the fire??
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

jaxops

All the best to John- he is a straight-shooter and a great guy to do business with.

Mark Monaghan
VA Beach
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

Lexi

Quote from: jaxops on December 19, 2021, 05:19:33 PM
All the best to John- he is a straight-shooter and a great guy to do business with.

Mark Monaghan
VA Beach

Agreed. Met the man once and found him to be as Mark described. Clay/Lexi