News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Reference material / Manual

Started by Way2nutz, December 22, 2021, 07:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Way2nutz

Immediately following the holidays we will begin the process of going through 40 or so boxes of oem parts, newly plated parts, as well as repop stuff for our 1941 60S project.  Nothing was tagged 40 years ago when disassembled,  just boxed... making for a real challenge come install time.

My intent at this point is to temporarily dry assemble whats left to be done to set a baseline of what I have, and what I dont.

What are your suggestions for reprints or publications of shop manuals, assembly manuals,  exploded views etc?

Thanks in advance.

David Greenburg

The first thing I'd want besides the shop manual would be a master parts list covering that year.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

harvey b

8) I have one for sale in the parts for sale forum. It is a great source for part numbers and what other years parts fit,but not so great for actual pictures that would help to identify the actual parts themselves.Rockauto has some small stuff for these cars too,they have some shop manuals as well. harveyb
Harvey Bowness

Lexi

Quote from: David Greenburg on December 23, 2021, 03:14:04 AM
The first thing I'd want besides the shop manual would be a master parts list covering that year.

Good advice from David. Also, the MPL is not the final word as Harvey B. said, but it will probably provide some answers to questions that you will not be able to resolve on your own. Attending CLC GN shows and other classic car events, can also help if you can find a good "reference" car to examine. Take plenty of photos.

Edit: Also, don't think one is available yet, but when it is-pick up a 1959 Authenticity Manual from the CLC. Perhaps someone on this Forum has some insight into when this much needed publication may be published? Clay/Lexi