News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

60 CDV Rear Ribbed Trim Panel Finish

Started by Toeintheline, December 29, 2021, 11:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toeintheline

Hi

I've searched but cannot find the info....

What is the correct finish, polished or black paint in the recessed/grooves of the ribs on the trim panel that is located above the rear bumper?  Includes the gas cap trim cover 

Thanks

Big Fins

I've always seen satin black in the recessed part. I'm sure a '60 person will weigh in with the correct info.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Michael Petti

I used Rustoleum gloss black. Since the surface of the metal is rough and you are not going to polish it, the finish comes out satin, not gloss.  My problem with flat, mat, or satin paint was that the rough surface could hold cleaner or polish over time. It came out well for me. There is an earlier post on this subject where pin striping tape was used. It looked good too. Good luck.

Toeintheline

Thanks for the advice👍 I'll run with the paint