News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Heater core connection 1952 series 62

Started by Rdtreur, August 19, 2020, 05:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rdtreur

Little help needed:Cadillac 1952 series 62 coupe , no ac , 1958 365 motor . I need to reroute the heater hoses from the motor (water pump) to the heater core in the fire wall and back. I do have the under seat heater but would not need that so I can bypass the under seat heater.
Can someone tell me which connections I need to use on the heater core on the fire wall?
Sorry, not a very good photo but the 1 to 4 Numbers I put with it might help;-)
Many thanks, Ramon
Ps I do have the shop manual but the routing of the hoses is not very clear in the book:-(
R.D. Treur
Past caddy’s:
‘68 convertible ‘70 Eldorado,  ‘75 sedan, ‘75 Fleetwood

Rdtreur

R.D. Treur
Past caddy’s:

Jerome506237DX

Ramon,

in my '50 shop manual I find a picture which tells your nr2 is the inlet from cylinder head and your nr 1 is the outlet pipe to under seat heater.

Good luck!

Jérôme

1950 Coupe de Ville
1956 Oldsmobile Super 88

Jerome506237DX

I double checked: on my '50 1 and 4 are to/from underseat heater, 2 and 3 are to/from cylinder head.

Prettige avond verder!

Jérôme
1950 Coupe de Ville
1956 Oldsmobile Super 88

Rdtreur

Thanks Jerome, you really helped me out! And you know seem to know some Dutch:-)
Kom je ook uit Nederland?
R.D. Treur
Past caddy’s:

Jerome506237DX

1950 Coupe de Ville
1956 Oldsmobile Super 88

Rdtreur

R.D. Treur
Past caddy’s:

Technician!

Hot water inlet  to valve is 2.  Valve outlet is 1.  This normally went to rear seat heater.  Loop a length of hose from 1 to 3. This normally was the under seat heater return line to defroster core. 4 returns to engine.

You wanna sell your under seat heater?
Perfection bordering insanity

Big Fins

Stephen, shipping from The Netherlands may be more than you want to pay. That's where they both are.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Technician!

Good point!  Thank you for waking me up!
Perfection bordering insanity